Universal Bug Heroes 2 - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Four turrets? I did it with 6 every time.. I haven't tried it in the latest version but it has always worked

2. Gamer of War

Gamer of War Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    You could always hit all 6 turrets in 1 hit.

3. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Toy Robot's Battery Charge ability useless?

For those of you rich enough or hard-working enough to buy Toy Robot, you may have noticed that his basic attacks have a small AoE, however his Battery Charge ability does something similar. The exact description goes like this:

"Basic attacks will explode, dealing damage in a small area. While active, Toy Robot will lose 5 HP/s (toggle)."

All this really does is make explosions bigger, while not increasing damage. You know what else does this? The same weapon WITHOUT the ability.

That's why I suggest that the projectiles pierce through bugs and have better range.

4. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    His Fusion (Or Plasma?) Chamber also does the same thing. Tooltips say that it has a 5(?)% chance to occur, but the proc rate in insanely higher than what the tooltip says as well.

5. ShadyValor

ShadyValor Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Are we looking at the same Toy Robot?

[​IMG]

Battery Charge doesn't seem that useless. The proc is 100% instead of 25% at the cost of only 2-5 HP. Not to mention the level 5 AoE is much bigger. I think his passive laser combined with explosion/stun/crit procs makes up for any seemingly redundant skills.

6. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    You may be right, but it only offers a bigger AoE. The thing is, the normal cannon already HAS AoE, albeit a smaller one.

7. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    #2687 Zifircin, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Typos :)

Oh man, i just made it to round 36 on kitchen and took 16th place on co-op with some guy.

Since i think we did quite good i'll share what we did :)

I played with level 20 honeybee, equipped with level 3 damage scroll of the broken heart, level 3 damage scroll, level 3 health scroll, level 2 health scroll of the broken foot, and level 3 speed scroll. He played with a level 11 bumblebee, unknown setup.

So when the game started we agreed to build 3 banners and 1 shield as the turret setup. At the start i upgraded the stash with all the parts I could find. He did the same, so by the end of i believe round 6 we had a level 5 stash. Which as you may know is required to get high tier creeps with honeybee. Also, in order to get those high tier units as soon as possible i allocated all my level points to comrades, until it said level 6 required for lvl 4 comrades, than i put one point in ant hole and saved up for 2 level ups, after those i jumped from 3 to 5 comrades. I then got ant hole to level 5 and finally reckless abondon. No retreat is pretty useless imo.

So, after getting the stash to level 5 we first built 2 bug banners and then the shield. After getting the shield to level 2all the spare parts were either consumed by pack roaches or used to upgrade the banners. (By the end of the game all banners were at lvl 4.)

We always tried to focus on the round objectives as opposed to killing whatever was infront of us, unless it was necessary (If there was a dragonfly king heading for stash for ex.) Also for capturing and holding 2 location rounds we dis teamwork, each of us guarding one point until the time was up and letting the creeps do a lot of the work. Which worked quite well in kitchen.

When playing with honeybee i'd say by far the most inportant thing is to watch your high tier creeps at the other side of the map (I mostly used "over the shoulder" angle throught the game) and activate reckless abondon whenever necessary. For example if there is another high tier armor piercing enemt coming for them. If you can't do this well they die very quickly at some rounds by getting outnumbered and everyrhing falls apart from there. I should say rhe person who played bumblebee knew the game well but was quite reckless. He ocasionally dived right into bumblebee sergeants and got killed several times.

Also the death was very surprising. It was the same all throught rounds 25-35. Then suddenly at round 36 we were against 2 legendary heroes and they spawned in front of us at the metalic oven. We both got killed and they both got to the stash quickly (hamster and mantis) and totally wrecked it within seconds. The problem was that although we had multiple decent sized pack roaches, 2-3 bumblebee sergeants, 1 giant war slug and even a war snail, they were all at table when the round started and didn't make it in time to save us or the stash.

As for upgrades/equipment i first upgraded weapons to level 2, than bought serrated edges, than got armor to level 2, than combat gear, than armor to level 4 and finally the weapon to level 4. My weapn didn't really matter at the higher rounds since nearly all the damage was being done by our allies. But i still tried to help the creeps as much as i could.

Anyways, thats been a long reply! If you want to play with me maybe message me and we can add eachother at gamecenter. Since I'm pretty new on the forums im not sure if im supposed to tell my gamecenter name here. Maybe you can inform me about that. Thanks!

8. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Commando is the worst hero?

I've read a lot about people using Commando and then saying that he is the worst bug.

I can personally say that, for the most part, they are right. He is terrible at crowd control, has a slow speed despite having legs (Army Ant rides a snail, Slug and Worm have none), and has no armor piercing.

I suggest that you make Commando the second bug ever to have both ranged and melee - he can finally use that big bayonet of his to good use!

Since his ranged weapon is a shotgun, he should have armor piercing as well, since it's a shotgun.

I also suggest that you make him faster, since he has legs and he's not carrying anything heavy (Field Mouse carries a heavier gun, but he runs faster than Usain Bolt).

My final suggestion is that you buff his trap ability. They're too weak to be effective. What I have in mind is that you buff the damage, radius and make it so that victims take X% extra damage while stunned.

Also, his C4 ability needs a WAY bigger radius. Too little.

Please buff him because I think he needs a better reason to be the face of the app!

9. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Ha! Good point about the app icon. Worst bug = face of game. Kinda funny.

10. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    You are right
    He was one of my two starting bugs and after getting my third bug I found him to be way too weak compared to my other two bugs. His weapon rate of fire and reload times are slow

11. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Clip is also incredibly small. Frequent reloads with 3 sec of weapon downtime is harsh against Cicada.

12. DarkPDA

DarkPDA Active Member

Jul 16, 2011
    is there a chance of release maps from bug heroes e bug heroes quest ?

25 playable chars in only 3 maps ( +1 for TD) became boring quick....

13. Zifircin

Zifircin Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Student
    Istanbul
    This game isn't really about environment diversity though. It's about tactical diversity and finding new and better strategies and just getting better and better at the game since you can't really ever be perfect. I think they said in an old post that they were going to have less, but more detailed maps in this game and it was going to be very tactical. Trust me, in a game like this more maps could only keep you interested for a little longer. This game is not about exploration in an open world, unlike bug heroes quest.

Still though, more maps would add a bit more diversity and flavor to the game, and there is a good chance they'll add some more in future updates. That was also how it was with the first game.

14. deadclown

Apr 13, 2009
    I hope they:
    - Add maps at 99 cents per (or 300 gems or something)
    - Balance the characters a bit more (mostly to elevate the crappier heroes)

But I ain't holding my breath...

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Yeah, a couple of more maps would be fun.. a bathroom with long paths and lots of coverage (bridge warfare) or a mazelike refrigerator/pantry.

Another 1-2 TD maps.

A few minor character tweaks. I think Cicada has universally on the forum at least been noted as needing some buffs and fixes...

....They sure have been quiet, haven't they? This whole expanding into Android market means they aren't just our developer anymore, they got all these new friends over there on those fancy Notes and S5s and stuff :( Maybe they need to add a cousin or an uncle or something to handle all this new stuff haha!

Good for Foursaken, though, hopefully it turns out to be a financial boon for them.

16. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #2696 Intendro, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    I don't like the idea of having to buy more stages. There's just three now.

At this point it makes sense for everything to just be diamonds... I guess.

17. deadclown

Apr 13, 2009
    Yeah, it should be diamonds. I just think Foursaken deserves a bit more money for their efforts. BH2 did well, but not gangbusters. And IMO it's probably their best game (And I love their games)

18. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I do. (Of course, nobody would have to buy them). If they made a new one available I'd happily pay money for it.

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I noticed in Normal Kitchen Endless around round 15, it's a "Capture and Hold 2 Strategic Points for x minutes." mission, but there's a bunch of Giant War Slugs that constantly tear down your Turrets and Strategic points.

Any tips for passing this round?

20. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    I suppose you should use defensive bugs.