Universal Random Heroes - (by Ravenous Games) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Too short? For a dollar?
    I wish it was longer. I'm not going to call it too short though.
    Enjoyment to money spent ratio, well worth it.

2. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Does anyone get achievement glitches too? Mine is like, I already did the achievement, but it still keeps popping out.

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Yup.

Even with that. Hooray. Fun little game! :)

4. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Oh alright. Thought I was the only one getting those bugs. Good game though.

5. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Anyone else getting crashes?

6. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I'm not complaining that I spent 69p but the game is short. Completed in an hour and that's it. Nothing there to bring me back into the game. Which is a shame because I did enjoy it. More levels would be nice but now this is gonna be forgotten on my iPhone as I'm gonna stick it in a folder and forget about untill when an update comes out and I doubt it will be anytime soon!

7. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    +1
    Amen.

8. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    Keeps crashing on the first level :(

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Having played it a bit more I am starting to like it a little better. Bumped my rating up

10. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Playing on iPad.

Controls are too far apart for me. What I mean is that the arrows are too far apart, and the buttons too. Hard to reach the right movement arrow with my thumb for example.

Is there no way to customize the control placement for ipads?

I'm sure it's perfect on iphone/ipod.

11. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto. This was the one big issue I had with LoE 1 & 2 as well. If you make your game Universal, take that consideration into the control layout as well. Now I am no small guy (6'3"), with big meaty hands and dare I say long fingers, and playing this gripping the sides is a subtle stretch for my thumb (being only an IPad 1,2&3 owner never a phone or touch) to the point that I can only play it in sprints before my hand gets tired of staying extended out for that long a time. I made the same critique with LoE games and it went unaddressed. Here's hoping that the devs listen this time...

12. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I would say that most iPad games aren't designed to be played while gripping the sides.

13. humpack

humpack New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    #114 humpack, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    There's absolutely no way you finished this game in an hour. Come on!

Both LE 1 & 2 are playable in portrait, which solved the grip issue for me. It would have been nice to see that in Random Heroes.

Ultimately I was disappointed with RH, its just not as polished as Woblyware's previous efforts.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Was gonna say the same ! Is it just me ? I like taking my time with games, some people seem to want to finish it in the quickest time ever. Dont get me wrong i dont need '3 stars' on each level kinda thing, but i just like to take my time with a game

15. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    That's all I get... crash, crash, crash... I managed to get through the first level only once without it crashing, then it immediately crashed. I was wondering if it was just me but apparently others are experiencing this also. I've already deleted it while I await an update because it was annoying having it sit there unplayable.

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Anyone else experiencing occasional slow-downs? Like I'll be playing and suddenly everything starts chopping up and lagging for about 2-3 seconds, then it's back to normal.

I'm on a 3rd gen running iOS 4.3 :)

17. ShawnMak

ShawnMak Member

Jun 26, 2011
    #118 ShawnMak, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    Hmm. I do wonder what happened to the crystal skulls from the Flash game. They were like the briefcases in LOE, but also worth a few hundred coins. Overall... I actually liked it. The coin system was nice in a Ravenous game. I didn't think it took *too* long to unlock anything, but that's just me. Hopefully it will be updated with more content! I played on an iPad 3 and thought the control spacing was fine- and I'm a teenager, so my hands aren't huge.

18. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012

19. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    I am also having these problems.3gs running 4.3