Universal Swoc: of Swords and Blocks (by Baptiste Villain)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    How long does it take to finish the game? Is there a max level for a character?

2. Baptiste Villain

Baptiste Villain Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    #122 Baptiste Villain, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    there is no max level, nor end to the game. It's a kind of endless flow of stronger ennemies until you make a mistake and die.
    The top players on leaderboards manage to pass 2000 points, which is around 45 minutes of play. But to be honest, you might see most of the content of the game and unlock all characters with several games around 1000 points.

3. SheepVsGravity

SheepVsGravity Active Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Wonderful game, very nice extension of the core Scallywag gameplay. Found a of bug for you, screen shot attached.

Attached Files:

4. SheepVsGravity

Jul 20, 2012
    Found this logic bug as well. There are no valid moves left, yet the board wouldn't reset itself. Turns out the Abomination has a valid move next to him (the purple scroll), but since he is immovable, you can't actually make the move. Had to quit the level, sadly. Still loving the game!

5. Baptiste Villain

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    Ho, right, these two bugs can be fixed easily I think, I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback!

6. Baptiste Villain

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    Version 2.0.5 is now available, with crash/stalemate fixes of the problems mentioned above.

7. SheepVsGravity

Jul 20, 2012
    More bugs

Thanks very much for the update, both of those bugs are fixed now. Did find two more bugs for you:

1) Killed a monster (below me at the time). Grabbed quest exclamation point to the right of my new position (swiped right to left). Tiles began moving as normal to fill in, perhaps making more than one match, then stopped leaving 2 empty/blank tiles. Monsters were still behaving normally (sort of bouncing/moving in their squares) but I could not swap any tiles to continue game play.

2) Made one last move before the monster beside me was going to kill me (I think it was a skeleton). Monster killed me, game over screen was very quickly followed by this error, followed by the program crashing.

Attached Files:

8. Baptiste Villain

Apr 30, 2014
    Paris, France
    Thanks for the reports again.
    I'm sorry there still are issues here and there, and I realize how frustrating it can be to lose a good game because of a crash. I'll try to fix it as soon as I find those bugs :)

9. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

I'm going to play this game now. It's been on my back log since it first came out! It seems like I'm missing all of the fun. I hope you are able to fix the two bugs that were found. I hope I don't encounter them while playing