Super Hammy by Rondo Rocket

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RondoRocket, Jul 8, 2011.

1. RondoRocket

RondoRocket Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2011
    Artist and programmer.
    San Diego, Ca.
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone, this is Matt from Rondo Rocket and I've been working on Super Hammy for several months now as the artist, designer and programmer. I wanted to show a video of my progress so far and hopefully get a little feedback. I still feel like there is a lot of work that needs to be done on Super Hammy but I'm curious of peoples reactions so far. Good, bad or indifferent. =)

[​IMG]

I also just launched a Kickstarter page for Super Hammy if anyone is interested in finding out about additional features I'd like to implement. I also tried to post some cool rewards. You can find it here: Kickstarter

Thanks for reading and if you have any feedback I'd love to hear it!

-Matt
    Rondo Rocket

2. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    While I loooove the art itself, especially the animations (wow) I'm having quite some problems with the perspective use.
    I thought he would be running in his hamster wheel but then out of a sudden he smashes cars and collects nuts. Yeh, I don't know, just seems a tad weird to have these 2 back and foregrounds mixed up. I guess I would be confused as a player :eek:

Would love to hear a bit more about the game mechanics :)

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Actually I find the idea of the game original and, while, perspective might be confusing at first, i like it.
    Graphics is good, music also. I only feel the game appear slow except the very end.

More than this is difficult from say from a video,

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sounds unique and the art is pretty cool.

5. colourblind.cow

colourblind.cow Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    the graphics are really unique and nice but i feel the flip animation and the jump animation look kinda slow in the video. just my two cents.

6. I really like the art style too, looks promising :)

7. RondoRocket

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2011
    Artist and programmer.
    San Diego, Ca.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you guys like the art style. As far as having the foreground and background mixing that was one of things I was curious about. If people found it too weird that it was distracting from the gameplay.

As of right now it just a single button jumper and you use the accelerometer to control him when he is flying. But I was thinking about adding a "Turbo" button that when pressed would actually speed up the cars. The advantage of this is if the cars are coming down the road very staggered you could hit turbo and they might align better so you could smash multiple cars at once.

You also get huge bonuses for smashing multiple cars at once and for leaping the ambulance. Also, if you dare risk it, you get the biggest bonus by running under the bus instead of on top of it, but it's really hard to time that correctly.

It also has an internal multiplier for your speed so the longer you run without being hit the faster the cars start coming.

The flying aspect allows you to collect nuts to unlock achievements I also thought it was a nice way to change up the gameplay.

-Matt

8. RondoRocket

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2011
    Artist and programmer.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Hi everyone, I submitted Super Hammy a couple of days ago so I'm hoping it will be available soon... crossing fingers it gets approved. =)

I made some changes to the gameplay based on some feedback I got, which I hope helps.

Thanks!