iPhone Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 22, 2012.

1. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Very good update indeed, I can confirm that the updated artwork is beautiful and its a noticeable change on my ipad 2 and with barely any increase on file size.

Also did not notice any bugs so if theres people on the fence about updating I would say just go for it.

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Well those are relevant factors I admit but it was on sale before months ago and it did not soar this high..In fact it never had this numbers before especially since the app is still pricy for the AppStore..Bottom line if the product is REALLY GOOD,people will get it by the multitudes..Even leave a high rating..

There I rest my case..;)

3. ExcaliburEdge

ExcaliburEdge Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I had some trouble getting mine to work as well. I don't know how I fixed it, but it's working between mi iPhone 5 and iPad 3rd gen.

4. ExcaliburEdge

ExcaliburEdge Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Has anyone had luck finding a list of the GC achievements and how to unlock them? Several seem to be hidden.

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Can anyone recommend a good online strategy guide for this game? It's on my bucket list to finally finish this game but I don't have enough time to learn everything trial and error.

6. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Google final fantasy tactics strategy guide

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Wow, I never heard of this thing called google. Please tell me more about it. :eek:

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    http://bit.ly/19XkjWx

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    No need to be ignorant or start fight , yes google should always come first for most questions, but then again considering how much sites/ different walktroughts are avaliable some advice from people who used particular walktrought and liked it can always be helpfull.
    Either cavesofnarshe.com or gamefaq site have best walktroughts for FF, though I lean to first one as it is only FF games oriented and has compiled usually the best guide / walktrough avaliable and direct link to all equipment library with their pictures / status.
    ( ironically those two sites are also first one to show up on google search :p)

10. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    The best guides I've found are the stickies on the PSP Final Fantasy Tactics board on GameFAQS. They go over enough without being too spoilery, the cheats section also outlines the levels that you need to attain to unlock each class. Without sounding like a total clichè just play through the game and see how you get on, only use the guides if you're stuck.

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Yes, I did search for guides on askjeeves and a bunch of them turned up. However most of them were for the PS1 version which isn't the same War of the Lions version that the IOS edition is based upon. I have't found any guides specific to the IOS version so I wanted to see if people had success with any of the guides for other platforms. Or maybe there is an IOS guide that didn't show up on AOL search. :p

Thank you Lepeos for your enlighten response.

Thank you Aventador, as well for your insightful response.

Sizzlakalohji, I would be really annoyed by your post except that it is so dang funny. :D

12. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #132 CoreyB, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    Yeah sorry if my response can off the wrong way. I was in the middle of some thing when I wrote that. When you Google the words I sent you should get a response for gamefaq which had numerous guides. True none are for the ipad version but it is the same game as ones on other systems. I've read most and there really isn't too much difference, the are all excellent guides. Again my response was just hurried not trying to insult your intelligence.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Well I'm glad you weren't annoyed because it was done in a spirit of fun. The first time I had someone link me to a LMGTFY, I laughed out loud.

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #134 klink, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    No worries. :) I think I need to cool down a bit.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with LMGTFY!

15. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    This looks similar to Disgaea, which I wish was on IOS. Has anyone played both...how does FFT compare to Disgaea?

16. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    It does have similarities to Disgaea, the story is better and serious. Tactics play a much bigger part in FFT and you really have to plan properly if you want to finish some missions as opposed to being grind-friendly, (although you still can be to a lesser degree). Equipment seems more unique as only certain classes can equip certain items, also choosing the right classes for a stage is more important in FFT.

That said if you enjoy Disgaea's gameplay then I think you'll really enjoy FFT, it's well worth checking out and has enough similarities that you should get into it quite easily.

17. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith Member

Sep 5, 2010
    FFT precedes Disgaea. Check it out, one of these games that age like wine.

18. Computec

Computec New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I found Final Fantasy Tactics a little to hard to master. The early missions already require a pretty good sense of strategy games.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This guide is the best written and most complete I've found for the War of the Lions edition so far.

The sheer immensity of the volume of the text might be daunting at first, but then... so is the game itself ;) Making heads or tails of the guide itself might take some reading, but considering how much it helps to enjoy and master the game, it is worth every minute for most of us...

Step carefully, though. Spoilers abound. Jump past the actual walkthrough to avoid.

20. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I want to play. I want to love this. I have no idea what's going on. I've completed the tutorial 5 times in the past couple years, but find myself tuning out almost subconsciously every minute or so. I'm going to try again because I know that it's worth it. I'm not optimistic about the outcome.