Big Fish Father's Day deals on lots of games.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Silvers, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Hidden object adventure, one time unlock. The Fool is a bit wacky, and Puppetville can get boring, but the rest all look great.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/promotions/ios-fathers-day-sale-2014

Over on Sunday.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, for iPad though the "sale" drops from $6.99 to $4.99 - IMHO this is a very high premium for games that typically are a couple hours, and are only played through once...

3. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Too badÂ… they used to be better

Agreed, their iPad prices are out of line with their iPhone prices, and the value is not there. Putting out so many games also impedes on their quality. I've gotten away from Big Fish Games in the last year or so, and will only pick them up on sale if they really seem to be of higher quality than the run of the mill games that have become their stock in trade.

I find they've leaned way too much into the IAP and freemium models, too, and that has really turned me off. :(

4. Silvers

Silvers Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    As a busy person, I actually *prefer* games that can be fully completed in a sitting or two and have built-in skips, strategy guides and unlimited hints for the price of admission.

I don't think I'm unique, but I think that my type of casual gamer (experienced with gaming, low on time and hand/eye coordination, prefers closed narratives with strong female characters) is under-represented on TA. That's part of the reason I started posting. Games like Hoplite or Wayward Souls are awesome, but these days I like to snuggle up after the day's work with a game that I've never seen before, will draw me in from the first scene, and I'll be able to finish completely and delete before I fully fall asleep. Nice daydreams, memories and writing inspiration for weeks afterward is a plus. :)

There's room for all sorts of gamers. I go 'meh' at Kairosoft or action game sales, and plenty of others will 'meh' at my beloved, short, low replay value hidden object adventures and turn-based scenario-driven war games. (P.S. I like choose your own adventure games, too, but have yet to - heretically, no doubt - play them more than once.). :)

Full disclosure: cuddling up tonight with an audiobook romance and the PC version of Marvel Heroes being played on mute. :)

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I no longer buy BF games when their big sales:)rolleyes:) come around as most are just not worth even the price drop for the iPad imo. I will buy up any even at full price if its ultra good quality though. I've got many left still and hoping I can pick a few up while these are in play for what they are truly worth. Been disappointed lately with BF price and quality. Seems like only a few will rise to the occasion for me to buy now.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Understand, and certainly cannot disagree with the view point. I have the unfortunate position of history - and remember when the BF HOGs were almost uniformly excellent - and their sale events were truly significant sale events. So, I look at these sales and reminisce about the good old days.. sigh.. Like Coldar, I don't have a problem with price for the truly excellent, but when they are churning out new ones every couple of days, and the reviews are always 4.5 stars, it is truly difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

7. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    Thank you silvers. I like these games and appreciate the heads up on the deals!

8. k.bank79

k.bank79 New Member

May 4, 2014
    by the way i think their games quality drops. A few years back it was top dog for the genre