The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

well i realize thqt ur bein a troll but inside every troll is a person and you r takin da time 2 read my post sooo

2. jacksoncombs

my xbla games

Attached Files:

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    So... have the processors been fixed I guess is my question? I wouldn't mind putting a little off to the side if I get better performance. My 360 now sounds like a Brachiosaurus in labor if I don't have the game installed onto the HDD (which only has like 18 gigs left).

4. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    They introduced a new chipset in which the CPU and the GPU are all in one. That means a single heatsink instead of two, with much less chance of failure. Also, the thing has one giant fan instead of two, so it's much quieter. I guess it's still pretty noisy when a disk is in the drive, but it's got 250 GB of space on the HDD, so you can install much of your library to the HDD to keep the noise level down.

Engadget reports that games loaded much quicker when playing them on the 360 Slim.

Also, the RROD is far and gone. Kinda. Now it's the RDOD, or the "Red Dot of Death"... Except a far better acronym would be RDOP, for "Red Dot of Protection". See why here.

Oh, and Wi-Fi built-in.

5. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Sweet, I might consider getting one of these for Christmas. Definitely would be a nice upgrade. Just not sure if I'd be able to get the 3DS as well...

Another question to you guys out there, do you no longer get a free month of Gold with a new account? Cuz I was trying to create a new account to download the Crackdown 2 demo (I have a teen account), and when I did, it told me I needed a gold membership.

6. CaptainAwesome

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I've noticed that, too. Probably to crack down on all the kids who just kept making new accounts to avoid ever having to pay.

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I bought shadow complex yesterday and played for an hour or two and it is awesome. You missed out man, because last week all of the summer of arcade games were 50 percent off. I piicked up Trials HD, which I always wanted but was waiting for a sale for, and Shadow Complex, which I just couldn't pass up for half off.

So instead of getting both for 2400, I got them for like 1060 or so.

8. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    You are only allowed to start a new account three times per xbox, so you might have reached that limit.

9. CaptainAwesome

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Hmm, that might be it. A couple friends used my XBox to create their accounts and they got the free month, so that would explain why it wouldn't work afterward.

10. jacksoncombs

i also got marvel vs capcom 2

11. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Damnnn that sucks, not sure if it's the same sale but Shadow Complex is still 50% off as are a bunch of others, but no Trails HD unfortunately, I really wanted to pick that up too but the price always put me off. Picked up Geometry Wars 2 for 400 instead.

I was thinking we should have a TA X-box Live game night, play a different game each week if people like it.

12. jacksoncombs

that sounds like a good idea but i dont really play modern warfare any more, i went back to street fighter 4 and just reasently bought super street fighter 4 do you wanna play?

13. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'm all for that idea once I get a new Xbox. I have quite a few games, so anything would work really.

How about Nazi Zombies? I can't play online on my iPod because my connection is incompatible, but I've had no issues with the Xbox version. So once I get my Xbox back and get WaW back from my friend, you guys wanna play some Nazi Zombies?

14. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #34 Electric_Shaman, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    Don't have either of those I'm afraid, my game library is still pretty small for my xbox so I'll probably sit this one out if we play WaW or Street Fighter 4.

I'm thinking for the first time we want to get as many people involved as possible, so something like Halo 3 or CoD4 (maybe MW:2 instead, guessing more people would have the first one, although I'm not sure why now).

If not many people are interested then I guess just go by what games the majority of people involved have that match. I'll follow jacksoncomb's lead and post a list to my profile

edit: scratch that, I'm just going to dump it in the thread
    Borderlands, L4D2, CoD4, Halo 3, Battlefield: BC, Brutal Legend, CoD3, Castle Crashers, Worms Armageddon 2.

15. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Yeah, my Xbox was collecting dust 'til about 6 months ago when I decided to bring it back to live with MW2. So glad I did. But I really don't have very many multiplayer games. I rented Borderlands (hated it), don't have L4D2, nor Halo 3, nor Battlefield: BC2, rented Brutal Legend... so just Castle Crashers, Worms 2, MW2, TF2, and RDR (whose multiplayer blows). This fall and winter'll change all that though.

16. jacksoncombs

i want to get worms but no $$$ i do have call of duty but i just got really bored with it after getting up to lvl 70 prestige. i really just have fun doing private matches on rust. we could like start a group or something and have games saturday nights

17. jacksoncombs

18. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    #38 Electric_Shaman, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    Eh thanks for reminding me to pick up TF2, I'm playing catch up on a lot of major titles from the past few years and I forgot about that one. Going to go order it from Amazon now :D
    Ahh you should have got it the week before last, it was half price at 400 =P
    I joined your group too.

Also got a question, I keep putting off buying a headset but I'll probably get one now, just wanted to ask, it's only the voice chatter that comes out the headset right? (ie it doesn't act like a pair of headphones and get all the sound diverted into it and mute the speakers)

19. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
  20. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Meh, most I could get for mine would be $135. Doesn't even cover half of a the price for a new slim. Not sure where I'd get the other $165, and to be honest, it's more of a want then a need.