Must have games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Yourplague, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Yourplague

Yourplague Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Im looking for any game you think that is a must have and a brief explanation why(optional).
    thanks!

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Battle Academy (Tactical level turn based wargame)

Empire Deluxe Mobile Edition (Operational level turn based wargame with automation built-in)

Panzer Corps (Operational level turn based wargame covering the War in Europe during WWII)

Space Hulk (For the Emperor!)

Tank Battles: North Africa (Tactical level turn based wargame with scenarios shorter than Battle Academy)

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Think you might want to add down specifics on what genres you like or don't like, stuff like that

Well here was my GOTY list:

Penumbear - This is and continues to be one of my favorite IOS games, not just of 2013, but of my entire IOS gaming career. A wealth of content, challenging platforming that requires precision and timing, expansive levels to be explored, an inventive light/shadow mechanic that is used in so many unique and inventive ways, even boss fights and secret levels, and more. This is a must play (IMO)

Badland - This game took the simplest control scheme possible and molded a varied challenging experience that combines physics puzzles, obstacle evasion, inventive power ups. The atmospheric art style is icing on the cake. And the fantastic post release support makes this game the model all premium game should follow.

Type Rider - The platforming is fun, but the incredibly atmospheric level design that turn the history of typography into worlds to traverse make Type Rider a one-of-a-kind experience

Starborn Anarkist - A recent addition, but so worth a spot on the list. Frantic bullet hell dual stick mayhem, randomized bosses and enemies, and a deep and open-ended ship building system that opens the door for myriad play styles.

Boson X - Better than Super Hexagon? Maybe, thanks to new obstacles in every level, throw-your-device-out-the-window difficulty, and simple but responsive touch controls

Beat Leap - Its minimal appearance hides a challenging and inventive game that, while paid now, was the shining example for free to play done right on IOS.

Slayin - Addictive hectic twitchy fantasy action with bosses, upgrades, missions, and characters that play so differently that switching between them feels like a whole new game

Icycle - Come for the platforming as the world itself alters and reforms around you, stay for the weird and abstract level design

Duet - Frustating, challenging, stylish, yet graceful all at the same time

Vector - Challenging auto-running evasion for the platforming fans, and wonderful and varied animations for the parkour fans

---
    Other games include

Hoplite - A tactical roguelike where smart planning and maneuvering is key, the gameplay and upgrades offer tons of depth

Hero of Many - Atmospheric and engaging, this game presents the player with a desperate story of survival against relentless predators and dangerous obstacles, through its minimalist execution, wordless narrative, and physics-based puzzles and combat

Paint It Back - An challenging and addictive puzzle game where you fill out picture girds through logic, has a lot of content

Jet Car Stunts 2 - everything that made the first game so satisfying is back and bigger and more varied than ever with more tracks, new vehicles, and a level editor

Beat Drift - the best twitch evasion game I've played since Super Hexagon. It's just back-to-basics go forth and dodge, with responsive controls, great music, and reflex-testing speed

Rymdkapsel - a minimalist mix of puzzle and RTS, the game is challenging and unique and offers tons of strategy and depth in building the most efficient base possible

14px/Commander Pixman/Mini Dash - there are many Super Meat Boy style, high difficulty, precision platformers on IOS, but these three are by far the best I've played. All three offer a lot of levels, tight controls, and a fine-tuned challenge perfectly balanced between addictive and frustrating

4. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Phantom Leader - expensive but awesome board game, lots of variety and great tension as the battle builds.

Starborn Anarkist - easy to pick up but very hard to put down, superb space action game.

Avadon HD - excellent 'old school' rpg, very atmospheric, great fun and worth every penny.

5. Yourplague

Yourplague Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    #5 Yourplague, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Honestly there isnt a genre i dislike its just a matter of quality!Ive played most ios games but im always lookingfor new ones! Thanks for the posts ill check out the few i havnt tried.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You can check out the Game of the Year threads and i assure you all you will find there are quality games.