Icarush by Pixelfrost

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LegACy99, Oct 28, 2013.

1. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    #1 LegACy99, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Update April 16th, 2014
    It's now available in New Zealand App Store =D
    https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/icarush/id804022709?mt=8

Update April 12th, 2014
    We finally have a release date!

[​IMG]

Update March 18th, 2014 Grab your promo codes here!
    Update March 14th, 2014 Added screenshots for missions.
    Update March 9th, 2014 Updated the screenshots.

Update March 6th, 2014
    We've made a gameplay teaser video for the game, check it out!

Hello Touch Arcade!

We at Pixelfrost, a three-man* game studio, are pleased to share with you our upcoming game, Icarush, an endless jumper unlike any you have ever seen!

*1-man-and-2-women actually
    [​IMG]

If you're wondering what makes Icarush so different compared to other endless jumpers, it’s because Icarush actually has no jumping at all. Instead, on Icarush players will be able to grab onto magical feathers and launch themselves up to the air. And all of that is done on a really simple and intuitive touch-based control.

While that may sounds great, we assure you, we’re not stopping at that. These magical feathers you use to fly have various different powers, like launching you higher or even randomly disappearing. We’ve also added power ups for you to collect and various upgrades you can purchase for your character. And to spice things up, we’ve included special flying moves that you can unlock.

And yes, Icarush features Icarus, the boy who flew too close to the sun and broke his wings. Apparently he didn’t really plummet down to earth though ;)

Okay, enough with all this text, we know you want to see how the game looks, so here are some screenshots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Read more about the mission system on this post ;)
    And a little bonus:

[​IMG]

We also planned to have the character highly customizable. Because hey, let's be honest here, we want to see him flying with that badass dragon wings as much as you do.
    [​IMG]

Also, a little something our artist came up with when we asked her to sketch various possible costumes for our hero to wear.
    [​IMG]

Please stay with us as we release more details about Icarush. In the meanwhile, feel free to ask us anything about the game!
    And you can always follow us on Twitter or Facebook

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you had me at 'ica'

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Looks like runner game?

4. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Hey, thanks Josh! =D

That's a nice guess, but not really, it's more in the lines of jumping games like Doodle Jump or Mega Jump. You won't be jumping and moving around with accelerometer on this game though. Instead, you'll simply tap some floating magical orbs and release them to launch yourself higher.

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Looking forward to play it soon.

6. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    "icaRUSH"

That's ...actually pretty clever. As for the game itself, I won't judge til I get my hands on it.

7. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Thanks! Glad people liked the title, we almost went for "Icarus Adventure" instead XD
    And yeah, we hoped we can give you guys something playable soon enough, or at least a gameplay video. So stay tuned!

8. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Happy Halloween guys!
    Our artist surprised us today with this, so it would be remiss of us if we didn't share it with you all.

[​IMG]
    On a side note: this artwork includes a pokemon (or more), can you guess what it is? :D

9. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    One question, but let me guess first... So you done the coding and two other women done the with the graphic and the music. Am I right? :p

Anyway, what kind of control do you use for this game? Tilt only?

10. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Oooh, you're almost correct, nice guess! Both women are handling the graphics though. And for the music, we're currently outsourcing it =)

As for the control, surprise, surprise, there is no tilt control on this game!
    There are magical orbs that you can grab on to scattered all over the sky. When you touch an orb, you will grab and hang on to it, and when you release it, you will pull yourself up and get launched into the air! By repeating this you can get higher and higher into the air ;)

11. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Hey guys, long time no see!
    We're really sorry for the long silence, so we brought gif(t)!

Here's a teaser for something we've been working on ;)
    [​IMG]
    (it's originally a Vine video with music, you can check it out here)

Anyway, if you're wondering, the development for the game is chugging along just fine (albeit at a slower pace than expected). We've added tons of improvement and adjustment to the game, and we can't wait to show more of it to you guys. We'll have something more concrete (and exciting) for you all to see next week, so stay tuned!

Also, we'll be entering beta testing phase real soon. To those of you who are interested to be a beta tester, can we please have a show of hands? :D

12. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    *Raise my hand*

Your game looks really cool :) I love the art.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just saw this and i like what i see. Kinda reminds me of Uprising: Veggie Samurai, and i loved that one too.

14. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Glad to hear that. We'll get back to you for more detail later ;)
    Thank you! And well, looks like that's another game we'll be adding to our game download basket :D

15. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    As promised, we have something for you guys this week, and it's a brand new...
    Gameplay teaser video!

Check it out and see for yourself how you will fly in Icarush!

As you can see from the video, we've made a few changes, particularly to the UI, and I've gotta say, we're liking it. That said, while the video already shows the main gameplay of Icarush, there are a couple of things we didn't put there, like the missions and character customization + upgrades system. So stay tuned as we release more updates about the game here ;)

Also, we're still looking for beta testers! If you're interested, feel free to reply in this thread or PM me directly :)

16. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Hey there, happy weekend everybody!

Let me make your weekend even more bright and colorful with some new screenshots of Icarush. Like I said before, we've changed stuff a bit since the last time we show the game here, so I think it's about time we updated you guys on the latest version of the game.

(oh and don't worry, we haven't changed it that much that it becomes Flappy Icarus)

[​IMG]

We're not really satisfied with the old user interface, so we tweaked it a bit and came up with the circular bar :D Also, the screenshot on the right shows what happens when you successfully complete a mission! Completing in-game missions will earn you rewards and unlock your special ability.

[​IMG]

So on the left we have Rush mode, a temporary power up for Icarus that enables him to fly freely into the sky. This is the one power that you need to activate so you can rack up those scores. And to the right we have the store menu, displaying various upgrades that can be purchased for Icarus.

More info, artwork and screenshots coming in the next weeks, stay tuned!

PS: We're still looking for more beta testers! Just reply or PM me directly if you're interested ;)

17. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013

The game works smoothly on my iphone 4. I didn't find a bug whatsoever. I was able to buy the wing and the clothes (he looks so cool in it). The amount of coins given is correct. The difficulty is correct. At first, it is not so easy, but you improve yourself by playing.

This game is really great. I am curious to see the other features. Honestly, I have not much to say about it, exept good things.

Good job. I am looking forward to its official release.

18. Warbird1500

Warbird1500 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    I'd love to beta test!

19. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. Was worried that the game would be too easy, but I'm glad that it's not the case. It's always hard for a developer to determine the correct difficulty setting XD

Sent a PM to you ;)

20. Warbird1500

Warbird1500 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    USA
    After playing this game for quite some time, I have become quite addicted. I've always had a soft spot for endless runners (or jumpers in this case), and Icarush definitely hits the spot.

The game is challenging, yet easy in the sense that anyone could play it. You can buy different outfits and different wings, along with power ups and upgrades to increase your score and height.

The graphics style is appealing, as it's cartoony, but in a 2.5D sort of way. The learning curve is simple, as the gameplay is one touch, so anyone can learn how to play it through one or two playthroughs. Figuring out how to effectively use the power ups is the hard part.

I really enjoyed the game (I think my favorite part was the mission system), and I can't wait to see what's in store for us later on in development. Good luck in future updates and on your release date later on. I have high hopes for this game's future!