Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That was pretty killer. I liked Warped Tour a long time ago. Went every year from 1999-2006 and it was killed for me. Hardly any good ones anymore. And the few that I would want to see just arnt worth it to stand in 115 degree weather, plus chances are I've already seen em lol.

Here's a couple more jams to rock your socks.

2. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Also. New Slough Feg HELL YEAH!!!!

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That was meh.

:rolleyes:

Just kidding dude, that was awesome. Old School Death Metal shit ftw.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Problem with these things is, metal to me might not be metal to you. It's always going to fetch some debate and le debate make me sad.

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This is an all metal thread. Anything heavy, you name it it's probably metal. Any form of it. Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Mainstream Metal, anything of the sorts. I mean someone said Linkin Park earlier and they are metal enough. lol

6. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    Is nu-metal considered metal?

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #27 Booch138, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    Egh. Not my favourite at all. But sure why not. ahhaahahah

Edit: There's some decent nu metal bands out there that I don't really consider them as such, but other's could. Like the Deftones, Chimaira, Soulfly, System of a Down, etc. But I love them all so yeah. When I think of Nu Metal I think of Evanecense (or however the f*ck you spell that garbage) and Flyleaf. Bleh.

8. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    Well I was asking cause you said Linkin Park was okay. I'm not personally a fan of Linkin Park, nor anything with nu-metal in the tags.

9. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    this is one of the most metalest bands in the world and you all should be sorry you missed 'em

more here

-r

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    If you like Linkin' Park... get the **** out now.

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I liked their first album, but I was also in 7th grade when I started listening to them. I don't as much anymore, but I won't deny that I liked it at some point. Their new shit is garbage but yeah.

Back to my edit tha tyou probably missed cause I added it too late:

There's some decent nu metal bands out there that I don't really consider them as such, but other's could. Like the Deftones, Chimaira, Soulfly, System of a Down, etc. But I love them all so yeah. When I think of Nu Metal I think of Evanecense (or however the f*ck you spell that garbage) and Flyleaf. Bleh.

12. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    np:
    [​IMG]

\m/

lol, i don't think the cover could be any cheesier. metal as shit, nonetheless

13. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    This.

I've been a little confused about the types of metal I listen to. I guess mostly thrash, speed, progressive, and power.

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You should be easy going enough to ignore the fact that later Linkin Park stuff is shit and just let it be. I mean seriously, you must be able to take a joke with power metal in your music library.

15. StarCraftIsGreat

Jul 25, 2010
    Thrash is my favorite subgenre by far. Just gotta love it.

e; there is some good power metal, just gotta know where to look. ;)

16. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Just reading over what was posted since I left, and my mind was blown by the Black Tide and Blinded Colony songs.

Reading over this thread reminded me of some metal I've listened to in the past, particularly this:

17. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    #37 nooobynick, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    My favorite bands would have to be: Metallica, Killswitch engage, Iron Maiden, Bullet for my Valentine, All that Remains, As I lay dying and August Burns Red
    Some of my favorite songs from those would be
    Metallica "Blackened"

I'll just post titles for the rest: Iron Maiden "The Trooper", KSE "My Curse", ABR "Meddler", AILD "Nothing Left".
    I also saw Black tide when they opened for BFMV, they were okay, and I thought their cover of hit the lights was the best they did. I honestly like old metal way more than more modern metal and would rather have my metallica songs than every other song I have minus metallica. Besides Iron maiden, I haven't listened to much else from the big four and would like some recommendations, besides that what are some more bands like metallica you guys would recommend?

18. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Nice picks! Meddler goes up there as one of my all time favorite songs, ever. Check out Barbarian by ABR, another of my favorite songs of theirs, along with White Washed and Mariana's Trench. Actually, if you haven't yet, just listen to the whole album of Constellations.

19. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah, I have messengers and constellations, my top 5 ABR would have to be Marianas Trench, Composure, Meddler, Thirty and Seven, and White Washed. Haven't heard of Barbarian though.

20. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I do like this thread. Expanding my music library.

Rttam, have you even listen to Linkin Park's Meteora and Hybrid Theory? Fantastic shit. All the new stuff is terrible, though.

Guys should check out Trivium. Like Light to the Flies, Down from the Sky, and Dying in Your Arms and all great.