Any Russian Developers on here?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MaskU2See, Dec 14, 2008.

1. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    I wonder if anyone is making a Russian card game called Durak (Fool)?

There was iDurak(http://appshopper.com/search/?search=idurak) available in itunes for like a day and then it was no longer available. I downloaded this app and was enjoying the game until the 2.2 iphone update, after the update, the game is useless and i had to delete it from my iphone.

Anyone thinking of developing this very popular Russian Card Game?

Is there just not enough demand that no one else made it?

Its a very addictive and fun Russian game, easy to pick up and would be great if it had multiplayer (wifi network or internet) capabilities.

2. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I am a russian iphone user ^_^ however I have never heard of this game, but I was 6 years old when I moved from Russia. I will have to ask my parents about it.

3. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    That's a great game, and I'm surprised that iDurak is gone. I remember seeing it when it first came out. I wonder what happened there.

As it is, though, developing a game that is known only in Russia is not a great business proposition at the moment. Maybe once the Russian market grows a bit...

4. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    #4 TouchGene, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    I am surprised there was ever a durak app to begin with, damn, thought that was my idea. The game is awesome, and I don't think there needs to be any wait for "market expansion".

The game transcends any cultural limitation (i.e. being Russian) and can be taught and learned by almost anyone. The format needs to be set in stone (as in the layout of the cards, player limitations etc.), as well as rule regulations and technicalities (cheating, pass-ons etc.) since there are quite a few twists and everyone seems to have an extra rule here-and-there. I also believe any Durak game would have to have an online multiplayer in order to become a real hit.

There is plenty of Russian iPhone/iPod users out there, and plenty of other people who would absolutely eat this game up if it's done correctly.

I don't have much programming knowledge, but I have a format, layout, style and rules pretty much worked out, down to the menu system, so if there is anyone with sufficient knowledge that is passionate about this game and wants to make it, I would gladly lend my services.

5. LostToken

LostToken Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Baltimore, MD
    Well Good news for fans of Durak.

We have just released Durak for the iPhone and iPod touch. It is now available for download on the iTunes App Store.

Please let us know what you think,

Thanks,

Andrey
    http://losttoken.com

6. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Dowloaded the game as soon as i saw this.
    Played a few rounds against the AI and loving it.

I've been waiting for this for a while.

Wish you much success with this app.

Rob