NEW and no game: 'djay 2' by algoriddim (iPhone + iPad) launch sale 50% off

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#1 Habakuk, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    Highly recommended! New: User interface, HD-Waveforms, sampler & drum pads, new music library and advanced performance tools. Automix, beat-matching, key-lock, effects, equalizer, support for MIDI DJ controllers, iCloud, AirPlay.

Tried it on iPad 4 and iPhone 5 and everything works well so far. Even if you are not a DJ you can easily use it as the best audio player for iPhones (automix with playlists). (And the very BEST: vjay is FREE for a limited time, read more below and save $13 right now!)

The link for the djay 2 iPhone version (and for the free/lite version) is under that app info! At first the iPad version:

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Quote by algoriddim:

iPhone version (launch sale price $0.99):

https://itunes.apple.com/app/djay-2-for-iphone/id669198374?mt=8

Free LITE versions of djay 2: iPad/iPhone

And don't miss that, folks:

¡¡¡ FREE !!! as a promotion for djay 2 and by the same dev—highly recommended:

vjay for iPad (was $9.99; 321 MB)
    vjay for iPhone (was $2.99; 315 MB)

Video about vjay by algoriddim:​

Some of the best hightech stuff for iOS (besides games of course) believe me.

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I don't even know what's a djay.Shoukd I get it?

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Couldn't buy this fast enough. Loved playing with and using the first one, and this looks like a huge feature upgrade.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I would appreciate some impressions as i just got Traktor for the iPad and think
    i´m covered

5. Habakuk

#5 Habakuk, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_jockey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VJing

Definitely. As I said before: The best music player for iPhones and for that price a no-brainer (btw the cheaper iPhone version works well on iPads). Just create a playlist, let djay make the fully automatic beat matching and mixing and forget all the science stuff. Play around with the effects and waveforms and maybe you'll feel some ambition.

Profs can squeeze out some nifty features. Have tons of boxes full of vinyl or CDs in your shirt's pocket! Go away from that silly stage in the clubs and dance with your guests. Cable-free! Or stay on the stage and make use of the additional hitec equipment.

Yes. Traktor by the "old", established and famous dev Native Instruments seems to be better (and much more expensive—€17.99/4.49). Let alone the tunes analysis… The iCloud sync is the only feature that Traktor doesn't have as far as I can see. algoriddim came up with Mac/iOS software in 2006.

Wikipedia about algoriddim and the previous version of djay:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djay_(software)

Product webpages about djay 2:
    http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-ipad
    http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-iphone

6. I'm disappointed that the more expensive iPad version isn't universal.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Me too - but with Audiobus in the mix, sometimes this can be a boon: with separate apps, you can run two instances at the same time. (Admirably this isn't so useful with this app.)

8. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I bought the first DJay for around £15 so i'm surprised to see the sequel so cheap. I thought it was great until i discovered Traktor... The beat matching with Traktor was far superior and i've not looked back. I did always prefer the interface of DJay tho, so at 2.99 i may check this new one out.

9. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    According to the Algoriddim videos it has much better 'smart' beatgrids for tracks with live drumming. Looking forward to playing with this. The first version was great with a midi controller.

I've used Ableton and Traktor in clubs and obviously they're great but Djay's no slouch. Great app.

10. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I downloaded the djay 2 app.But was wondering where's djay 1?
    Is it pulled from App Store?

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    That's probably why it's cheap. Traktor for both iphone and iPad were free for the 5th anniversary of the app store.

12. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #12 sicksilvo, Jul 27, 2013
    I still have and use Djay (1), it's not in Appstore anymore, there is free version of it called Djay LE wit IAPs :/ So no more love from Algoriddim for original - that sucks Also Vjay is free for limited time

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #13 Greyskull, Jul 27, 2013
    WTF I JUST deleted it. Ok, another company not to touch.

EDIT: unlike Prince or Persia Retro, it still appears under "previous purchases". So Algorithim just wants you to buy the correct version. Not screw you over like Ubisoft.

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    They updated djay LE for djay 2 as well. Meaning its a free version of djay 2 now. Not for djay 1.

15. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    #15 callmericardo, Jul 27, 2013
    Its always disappointing when something gets pulled. If it stops working after an iOS update you're screwed.

Having said that, it's so cheap it's not the end of the world. Great app.

The 'smart' sync is really good btw. Better than Traktor.

16. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    My PoP Retro still appears in my Previous purchase history... It doesn't for you?

17. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It does NOW? It did, then it stopped.

18. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Thank you, I didn't know that as Im on 5.1.1 iOS so can't download it.

19. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    What are you basing that on? I just tested two drum & bass tunes on Djay 2 and Traktor for comparison.... Djay 2 lost the plot after around 10 seconds, tho even from the first second it felt slightly 'loose'. Traktor absolutely nailed the beat matching of these two tracks.

Traktor p****s on Djay 1/2 from a great height in my experience.

20. Habakuk

It seems that they care about the app.