Mole Kart could be a great game, but these copycats choose not to.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klarence, Apr 20, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't care if it's a copy or not.
    IMO,Mole Kart is better than anything in this cartoon racing genre in the appstore.
    It's controls are good, their maps are better than sega sonic racing too. Obviously they have the ability to make a good game, why there is no online multiplayer mode and so few characters and maps?
    Taomee is so selfish to make a complete game they could, may they only want to make a quick money.
    I can't help to think if it's a complete game...OMG, then I can get so much fun from it.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The app was pulled from the store a while back, which is not a shock given that it was a blatant ripoff of Mario Kart Wii. So, yeah, of course it was a quick cash grab.

3. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    It's still on the store

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah its still there.

I really like it, my favourite 'mario kart' game on the app store. Just wish there was a championship/league you could do as it would be excellent.

Nice little game, dont know why it gets tons of hate, theres plenty of other apps out there which are copycats (or based on) classic videogames

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #5 crunc, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    It is? I just searched for it "Mole Kart" and it's not showing up. Not in iTunes and not in appshopper.com either.

Ah, and here it is on appshopper (found via google search, not via appshopper search itself), but marked as removed from site and from the app store:

http://appshopper.com/games/mole-kart

I'm in the US. Is it still available in some other countries?

6. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't care it's ripoff or not.
    In fact I support ripoff if they can make it a good game. There're tons of games copy others but they're so failed even none care about them.
    It seems Mole Kart is even better than Mario Kart in some aspects.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    There's a difference between making a similar game, and making one that copies the assets of a game and just changes how they look a litte. The courses are exact duplicates of the courses in Mario Kart Wii. They could have taken the concept and made their own courses, but they didn't do that. They duplicated them to ridiculous degree. And there's no way they weren't expecting it to be pulled. Or they sure should have expected it. Thus it was clearly a cash grab.

8. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    What crunc said

9. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Never the less it's a cash grab that I still enjoy playing months after release. They nailed the controls once you get used to them !

10. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

What country is it still available in?

11. lazynahte

lazynahte Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Student
    #11 lazynahte, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    It's called mole kart 1 now (available in the nz store). With the recent update, it seems as if you can now play multiplayer?

The app free at the moment and you can unlock more maps before getting medals.

12. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    It's called mole kart 1

13. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    “The courses are exact duplicates of the courses in Mario Kart Wii”
    that what we want.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I can not find a Mole Kart 1 in the US app store. Can you provide an appshopper or iTunes link?