Apps for musicians

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotYou, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Joebob1717

Joebob1717 Active Member

Apr 20, 2012
    #961 Joebob1717, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    How's th I kaossilator? I think it might be on sale so I want to know if it's any good? Is the xenon groove synth any good? Also if you know the installed mb sizes that would be helpful. :)

2. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #962 EfratBarTal, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Also, Intua are finishing up their newest Beatmaker 2 (v2.4) update. Hope it's out soon. Feature list:

source

pretty sweet. hope there will be noticeable speed or memory improvements. And the parametric equalizer sounds interesting, too.

3. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Sweet. Don't care for any of the audio stuff, at least not on the iPad. But all rest looks like really welcome additions (hi useful EQ). Oh and another reason to justify my overpriced iPhone 5 is always welcome!

4. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i'm quite interested to see how the upcoming FL studio 2 stand head to head with the updated Beatmaker 2, because these two have just so much in common.

5. The FL Studio Mobile 2.0 update is out. I guess it's not a separate app like we expected, but I can't say I'm complaining.

What's New in Version 2.0

6. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    sweet! i actually suspected that it will be in the form of an update. and also, no complaints here :)

7. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #967 chris1a, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    Cool, now I can have it on my iphone as well. Only had the HD version before. All the other stuff is just copy/pasted from Music Studio basically, but welcome additions of course.

Edit: Aww no 4" support. Hope they update it soon, musicapps really benefits from that widescreen.

8. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    #968 EfratBarTal, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    okay. some impressions from the new version of FL:

although i find its track and sequence editing a bit weird, (it's very different than those of NanoStudio, Beatmaker or even GarageBand), after a while you can get used to it and to understand what is the logic behind the relative difficulty in modifying notes.

It handles mass tracks with a lot of grace, unlike other DAWs (BM2, I'm looking at you). Some of the demo songs have ten or more different instruments loaded up and an audio track and it they still run just fine.

Drum pads start with 6 sample buttons only (but don't worry, you can load a lot of samples through the sequencer).

I bought the guitars pack for $3.99 and they are all pretty good guitars, so if you buy FL i definitely recommand going the extra mileage and getting that expansion as well.

Now, I'm waiting to see how Intua will respond with their upcoming BM2 update ;)

9. Joebob1717

Joebob1717 Active Member

Apr 20, 2012
    What's the installed file size of fl studio? Also what kind of instruments does it have ? ( like what genre?)

10. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    really there are all kinds of them instruments. a lot of keyboards, drum kits, loops etc. installed size should be around 350 MB (i have it on 450MB now with the large guitar pack which is over 100MB).

11. Joebob1717

Joebob1717 Active Member

Apr 20, 2012
    #971 Joebob1717, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Music studio or fl studio mobile ? Overall which is better ? Has anyone used xenon groove synth? Or argon synth?

12. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    DM1 - The Drum Machine by Fingerlab for iPad is on sale for $3.99, half off usual price :

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

13. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    And updated with lots of new features like sample import, fx per track, automation etc.

14. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I downloaded it first thing this morning but haven't tried it out. I keep wanting to check out the new drums, but keep getting carried away with other things.

15. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    new BeatMaker 2 v2.4 is nearing.. Beta video on PalmSounds (link).

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Rockmate free for 48 hours.

Not a real serious music app, but we've had fun with this one goofing around with one iPad...

17. HoldernessMedia

HoldernessMedia Active Member

May 18, 2011
    App developer
    Orlando, FL
    #977 HoldernessMedia, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    My new app Echo Pad is out today for iOS. It's a universal app intended for live audio processing, looping and sound design.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

More info:
    Echo Pad homepage

Check out more videos here.
    Echo Pad - Videos and tutorials on YouTube

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #978 drelbs, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    This is fine, but I'd recommend making threads in the iPhone & iPad forums, be sure to use the appinfo and youtube tags in the postings:

[_appinfo=all]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/echo-pad/id573511415?mt=8[/appinfo]

[_youtube]cHrSdAsxnFg[/youtube]

^-- Remove the underscore to get the following:

19. HoldernessMedia

HoldernessMedia Active Member

May 18, 2011
    App developer
    Orlando, FL
    Great, thanks drelbs!

20. zlib

zlib New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    #980 zlib, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    I released the best metronome app on the AppStore. It is universal app for iPhone and iPad and it is called TrueMetronome. Actually it is the best metronome app on ANY mobile platform but for now it is only available for iOS. So, what makes my app so special, you ask?

Firstly, TrueMetronome is the only app which creates perfect beats with ABSOLUTE ZERO latency. You can read in other apps descriptions how low their error, but they HAVE an error (latency) that's why their beats are unstable and professional musicians can hear it.

Secondly, TrueMetronome have the most natural sound of all metronome apps. All sounds are recorded from real metronomes, a beat does not affect the gradual decay of its predecessors, and each beat's sound is a little different from the others. TrueMetronome doesn't use some artificial samples, it recreates the sound of metronome in real time!

Thirdly, TrueMetronome recreates the look and feel of a real mechanical metronome. Every mark on the scale is labeled with a tempo mark, the deviation angle of the pendulum depends on the tempo, and the tempo is selected by dragging the weight.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/truemetronome/id574204413

I hope you will enjoy it!