Universal Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light™ (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    The multiplayer is not working (because the Gamecenter don't work anymore since iOS5). And despite emails to Square Enix support team, there is no update.

Some people encounter also crashes (see comments on Appstore).

2. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Thoroughly enjoyed the single player campaign with no problems whatsoever. Game looks good, runs smoothly and is a lot of fun. Highly recommended.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I have both. Though the console version is more polished, I can play it only when I'm at home and in front of the TV. I've appreciated being able to play it on the go as well, especially considering how much of the original console release there is in the iOS version.

For what it's worth, I've never played a single multiplayer game on either platform.

4. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

What's the game like on the new ipad?

5. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    #465 EvilDucktator, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    I have an iPhone 4 but don't even want to sink 99 cents on it if it's going to have issues. Have an iPad 2 also. Are they equally as stable or am I better off with one version?

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #466 awp69, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Ok. So I played this a while back on my 2G and kept getting stuck at the same part in the first level so put it aside.

Last night I decided to download it to my 3GS thinking that maybe it would control better and I'd be able to get past it. But unfortunately, I'm still stuck at the same part.

There's a section in the first Chapter where you pull a lever and some wooden platforms appear. You hop from platform to platform until you get to a stone floor. Once you get on that floor, other "floors" begin to roll towards you. I can jump up on the first few floors as they roll, but then suddenly I can't jump up any further. I can't climb and the only other way is to fall down into a pit of spears.

To me, it almost seemed like a bug since I could easily climb the other floors. Obviously, others have played through the game so that doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I missing something? I always liked the game even when I first got it, but never got very far because of this issue.

NM: Finally figured it out. The last few steps you need to use spears to get up.

7. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Hate to bump, but is this a direct port?

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ya, I guess so (I didn't know it was a port) it's def. A good game and a game id reccomend

9. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    On sale, been meaning to pick this up for a while so I'm pleased.

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Do you know if this game was made by Square Enix or later bought out by them? I had purchased both the sd and hd (by accidently clicking on the wrong version and hitting buy!) versions of this game in the past but deleted it because it kept freezing up on my ipad 1. Just viewing it in the app store and it gives me a price not "install" which I normally see for games I have in my account. I also bought the Chaos Ring games on sale and don't see install on them either. Did they change ownership on some of these games? I'd hate to download them again and get charged again.

I'm sure my ipad 3 can handle this game and I would love to try it again (if I have to, I'll buy it again - 99 cents sure beats the original prices of $10 each, if I remember correctly).

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    They've always been published by Squeenix.

12. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I wonder why the app store is showing I need to buy them again (and the Chaos Ring games too)? I know the app store has been stupid since ios6 - I can't even access the purchased apps section of the app stoe without the app crashing since the update.

13. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Well, I don't know what's up with the app store, as it is doing the same thing with some other apps that I know I have purchased, such as Pocket Rpg (the original edition, before the iphone edition came out), and when I clicked on buy, it said usual "this update is free because you purchased a previous edition of it). I tried the Hd version of Lara Croft and the same thing happened, so I can play the game now free. It would really suck if the app store stopped indicating what apps we have purchased and then we get charged for the wrong editions of some apps. Would get expensive!

14. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Reset your purchase options. Then you will get prompted to confirm each purchase before it goes through.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    it's doing this in iTunes on my PC as well... saying that I have NO updates, even though I know damn well I have over 200 apps that NEED to be updated... and every app I've purchased shows 'Buy' instead of 'Downloaded' - hoping it's just a 'down for the end of the year' type problem, and that it'll get fixed by Jan.

16. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm having the same problem with Lara Croft HD. iTunes doesn't show me that I've already purchased it. One trick I found - if you are afraid to hit the "Buy" button, you can try to add it to your wish list. If you already bought it, it will then pop up a box to tell you that you already own it.

17. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    I don't have a computer, and my phone/ipad doesn't have a wishlist section as far as I know.

Thanks to those who responded. It could just be part of the app store freeze during the holidays - but I hope I don't get stuck paying more for some tv shows when it won't show me the price for buying the rest of the season that i've been buying indiviually until I get down to the last few bucks to buy the rest of the season (don't have enough space on my devices to buy whole seasons outright).

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    If you REALLY want to make sure on your iDevice, you can try and write a review. Apple will let you if you've purchased the app, and will say that you need to purchase the app in order to write a review if you haven't. The only downside is that this takes a little longer, and if you got the app during a time when reviews were not allowed for apps 'purchased' with promo codes, it will also tell you that you need to purchase before writing a review.

19. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    the original tomb raiders were fun

20. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Is the Game Center bug fixed yet? Hope they port one of the console/pc tomb raider games to iOS, like Tomb Raider Anniversary