Universal Mines of Mars - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Waking mars was a bore fest. I'm nervous to buy this Mars game now. If it's gabbing on the phone with lawanda and watering plants on Mars count me out.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    No, this is about mining, jetpacks, and shooting

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Whats the difference between terraria and mines of mars?

4. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I believe Josh promised controller support in an early update just before launch,can anyone confirm if this is now included?

5. BogDog

BogDog New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    #405 BogDog, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    I've been really enjoying mines of mars. My only criticism is that it would seem sometimes not enough of a certain mineral spawns for 100 percent completion. In my first play through there was not even enough rhodite for all the second tier upgrades -only around 13 ingots in the entire game after systematic searching, even though I managed to get all the rhodite I found to the smelter. So I started a new game, and guess what? I start hitting rhodite at around 1000 feet and I'm running into walls of it at 12-1600 feet. In the first play through, there was only long stretches of plain rocks where rhodite 'should' have been.

6. chocofish

chocofish New Member

Jul 16, 2013
    I'm enjoying the game but have encountered a bug, purchased the last portal that gives you access to the lowest depths, but when I warp to that location it puts me at around 500 feet below the surface I'm assuming it should have put me nearer to 9000?

Anyone else had this problem? I haven't taken on the final boss yet as I wanted to upgrade everything I could first, it's a shame as I wanted to see what was down there and can't be bothered to dig as C portal is a long way from the bottom!

7. elctrc

elctrc New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Chicago, USA
    Same question here. Really enjoyed the game immensely, then hit a wall with the ending. Did you receive a PM about this?

8. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    ok, playing this for 4 days now... it's addicting, but not further then 6% lol
    I have plenty of areas that I can't get in, since they are surrounded by metal.

How do I get in?

9. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    ok, got all the weapons / upgrades and the key pieces..
    What's left to do ??

Clearing out the whole pit, but not much else to do ?

10. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yeah, you're pretty much done, I'm afraid. You could start a new game but there's not much variability other than location of ore deposits.

That's my only real complaint. Loved the first play through but not much reason to do it again.

11. pka4916

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    aah Thanks..
    Then I guess I am done with it.
    was hoping on more things to do.
    like a different pit with other things to do.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Is the developer still working on this game? I've been watching it since release but it doesn't look like it's been updated for a while.

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    They're working on a big multiplayer update ;)

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I don't do multiplayer but it's still cool to know. Did they already implement MFI controller support or is that still planned as a future thing?

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I reeeeaaaally want to like this game but it's so f*cking annoying that you loose all your sh*t when you run out of fuel

16. ivan123b

ivan123b New Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Hidden area or bug?

I defeated the final boss and have gotten all the upgrades I found, reached 85%

1 thing I'm intrigued about: between 2520 and 2800 feet at the left there are grey tiles, behind the blocks. I cleared all the dirt blocks and it's a quite big area. When I touch the blocks I get the dungeon music. But nothing else happens. I cleared everything around it expecting maybe something happens when everything is visible, but it didn't.

There's also one boot that says something about a hidden area where I need something purple to activate it, or something like that (also black holes mentioned in this conversation). I don't know if this is just nonsense, or something into it? Or are the grey tiles a bug?

I already got all the museum items.

Also advanced a lot in the arcade but this doesn't modify my %.

Thanks.

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Any updates planned? Or did this game get abandoned :(

18. bola08

bola08 Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Yeah... what happened to the big update?
    It was announced since march...

19. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Is it possible to upgrade amount of raw materials you can hold? Seems like you can only hold like 10 ores at the beginning, meaning I gotta travel back to surface very very often... Also it's not possible to dig upwards, or diagonally upwards (to create stairs going up)?

20. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    You can destroy blocks by shooting them, so that's how you can mine upwards/diagonal