quick question for rolando developers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by J.R. Jalapeno, Dec 19, 2008.

1. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Im ready to buy Rolando and it sounds like its worth the $10 asking price but is there any guarantees it wont drop in price in the next few days? I dont want to see an xmas sale after i just bought it. Ive already been burned by everyone of your apps only days after I purchased them, and I have them all.

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I doubt ngmoco will drop the price of Rolando with how hyped it is, although, it never hurts to wait until Christmas or New Years. Good things come to those who wait :)

3. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    agreed but im wanting it pretty bad and im all for supporting good developers but im just trying to make up for getting burned by them with all the other games :) apple needs to fix the fire sales. sucks being an early adopter but im addicted to the istore!

4. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    this game sells extremely well and as long as it is in the top20 or so you certainly won't see any pricedrops.

i predict you will wait your ass off with this title.

5. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    im all for paying full price. its only 10 bucks but it would be nice to hear a developer say they're gonna keep the price the same for a while so i dont blow another gasket.

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, I can tell you right now ngmoco isn't going to let word out if they are planning on dropping the price. So, if you don't hear from them, it'd be best to wait. It's also possible they don't see this but they may be planning to drop the price near Christmas anyway.

7. jwbrent

jwbrent Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    California
    There will be a price drop, some day. The question for you is, is the game worth $10 in your mind? if so, buy it. Delaying the pleasure of playing a sought after game because you're waiting for a price drop that may not happen for a long time...

With that said, the game is really good and deserves the great reviews.

8. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm in the same boat as you. Bought Dropship and Dr Awesome like 2 days before the price drops. I haven't bought Rolando yet in case they have a christmas sale.

9. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Ill at least wait until xmas to see if it goes on sale. Its not like i dont have 120 other games on the 'ol itouch to keep me busy! man they need more than 9 screens! i think i have a bad addiction :)

10. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I think I'll do the same. And yeah, we need more than 9 screens. My iPhone still has 13GB left, but almost no more room for apps/games. :D

11. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    If you want to wait, then wait. Price drops almost certainly won't be announced. But if you think the game is worth paying $10 for right now, then by all means, get it!

It's definitely worth it. It just depends on how badly you want to play it and how patient you are willing to be.

12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    ngmoco told me there'll be no sales in the first week in anouther thread :cool: its worth the money tho

13. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    You're right, they said in the release thread that there would be no price cuts for a week. And what is exactly 7 days after release? Xmas Day. I'm holding out till then. I'm buying regardless at that point, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a dollar or more come off around Xmas. Don't expect half price or for 99 cents, that would be foolish of them to throw away money they can easily get. I just think maybe 7.99 for the day next Thursday, that's my prediction.

14. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Boxing day

Wait for Boxing day!

;D