The Run! Challenge

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MisterDrgn, Sep 11, 2009.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    So we all know that in games like this practice makes perfect. Therefore I propose the following challenge: who has gotten the highest score while playing the least? To compete, post the following:

your high score, your total score, your total score / your high score

For example, I would be:
    1186, 29,090, 24.5

(Note that this isn't necessarily a fair contest for those people who play a lot. A just thought it would be fun, since I have a pretty high score and I don't play that often...)

2. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    415 :eek:, 4,707, i didnt quite understand the 3rd option

3. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    4,707 / 415 = 11.3

So your top score is almost 10% of your total score. Pretty good, but can you maintain that ratio after you've played twice as much?

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Once you get the hang of the controls and sufficient practice with the difficult obstacles (saw particularly), I really think its mostly just your reflexes at that point. I dont know how much more your high score will go up if you play another 29,000 points worth.

I could be wrong...we'll see.

I have 1220 and somewhere north of 30,000 total points (I reset), but it appears that at the start of my 1220 game I may have benefitted from glitched obstacle spacing.

5. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    There are certainly diminishing returns going on here, such that the more you improve your score the harder it is to improve your score further; that's why this sort of contest would be less fair to people who have played the game a lot.

However, that said, I disagree with your suggestion. There are a lot of perceptuo-motor skills involved with games like this (despite, or rather because of, the simplicity), such that people can always get better. I think the primary cut-off is because eventually the game simply becomes too fast to be reasonably possible, not because of any limit in people's abilities to improve.

In my case, I simply don't play it that much because it tends to hurt my wrist. I played one game yesterday and got up to 1276.

6. arthurhamapps

arthurhamapps Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Run! is hurting your wrist! How are you playing the game?

7. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    Oh, don't worry about it. I have kinda a sensitive wrist, so at times when it's feel kinda sore I avoid any extensive two-handed iphone gameplay.

8. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Here's what I got - note I haven't played much at all.

High score: 443
    Total score: 1,608
    Ratio: 3.6

I suppose I should play more, but I'm probably going to beat everyone else in this thread ratio-wise because I haven't been playing. ;)

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Is this game better or Little Runner?

10. MisterDrgn

Mar 14, 2009
    Heh, nice start. We'll see how long it takes you to double that score...