Annihilate: Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AlienSpace, Feb 22, 2013.

1. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    #1 AlienSpace, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    Hi everyone,

I'm the developer of the Alien Space games (Alien Space and Alien Space Retro), and I have a new game coming out next month called Annihilate.

Annihilate will be an arena-style dual-stick shooter where you try to survive increasingly difficult waves of enemies. The game will have leaderboards and achievements through Game Center, and will also support the 60beat controller.

Please check out the gameplay trailer below. I hope you guys like it, and feel free to comment with any thoughts.

Thank you!

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Geometry wars strike again

3. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Games like Geometry Wars were definitely an inspiration for this. I actually wanted to make something more casual and easier to get into than something like Alien Space Retro, which had a bit more of a learning curve. ASR has different weapons and you can upgrade stuff as you progress through the campaign, etc, while this is more pick-up-and-go, more straight up survival.

4. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Looks like fun! Havent seen many good dual stick shooters lately.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #5 undeadcow, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    The time has come for the triumphant return of Alien Space! Glad to see more from this developer!

6. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Thank you! :)

7. KiwiGummy

Nov 18, 2010
    Agreed! Alien Space Retro is still the best space-themed dual stick shooter out there.

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Be keeping an eye out for this.

9. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Great to see new work from you, and this looks like a blast. Can't wait for this to make the App Store.. soon? :)

10. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Thank you both!

I'm working right now to finish up all the final stuff before submitting the game to the App Store. That should happen maybe tomorrow, or hopefully at latest Tuesday. So yeah, the game will be out pretty soon.

11. Is this universal and is it ipad retina?

I was always hoping that a geometry wars or infinity field like game would come along with ipad retina, cause there isn't any with good resolution. Hopefully your game is.

12. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Yes, the game will have native support for retina displays (both iPhone and iPad) as well as iPhone 5 resolutions.

13. Wow, coolness, was kind of sad before that infinity field hd never upgraded to ipad retina, looking forward to your game, cause alien space games are really good, and like the ipad retina graphics. So coolness, any chance there will be joypad app support cause I play ipad hdmi tv, would love to play on the bigscreen with my iphone as a joystick if it is possible. Thanks!

14. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    That would be cool, but unfortunately I wont have the time to add support for Joypad.

15. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Annihilate will be in the App Store this Wednesday the 27th. I hope you guys will check it out.

Also of interest to those reading this, if you havent played Alien Space Retro... as a special promotion to coincide with the release of Annihilate, ASR will be free on Wednesday and Thursday!

16. neilw711

neilw711 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    App Developer
    Virginia, USA
    This looks really fun, I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one tomorrow ;)

17. KiwiGummy

Nov 18, 2010
    Same here.

18. AlienSpace

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Hey guys, I actually met up with Brad from TA yesterday at GDC and we did an awesome play through of the game and interview. You can check out the video and let me know what you think. Yes, that's me playing while I'm talking (and occasionally dying) with Brad, who was really cool btw.

I want to thank Brad and Eli (and the rest of the TA gang there at GDC) for the chance to show off the game.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/03/26/gdc-2013-hands-on-with-annihilate-a-dual-stick-shooter/