Sorcerer's Ring - Gesture-based Wizard Dueling Game [by FRAG Games]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FragGames, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    @FragGames yes, I can exit the transmutation menu. The game doesn't get stuck other than I can't transmute anything because the tutorial is still there. I can place one ring, but it seems like there is only one ring to drag. So when it tells me to drag another ring to the second transmutation spot, I can't because it seems like there isn't another ring on the ring selection wheel.

2. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    @FragGames I figured out the problem with the transmutation menu. I found out that you can only transmute rings that are unequipped. I only had one ring unequipped, so I only had one ring in the selection wheel. I'm now going to try to play the game again and see if I can get farther.

3. FragGames

FragGames Active Member

@ Rejera Glad you figured it out but that's still a communication problem on our part, and I will bring it up with the team immediately. Thanks a lot! And let us know how you're getting on now that you can transmute.

4. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    #64 Rejera, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    @FragGames I would gladly testflight for you guys. I'm honored that you would ask! As this is my first time testflighting anything, could you PM me how to participate in this? I've just set up an account and went through the steps to link my device to my account but I have no idea what I need to do after that.

Also, I'd like to say that, while I do prefer premium games, I'm not totally against freemium if they are done correctly. It's just that most of them aren't and that I rarely comment on the ones that are. I understand a little better how difficult it is to survive on the AppStore, so I've become a little more understanding when it comes to freemium (if they are done right).

5. FragGames

FragGames Active Member

Great to hear that Rej, we'll be setting you up immediately. I will PM you any details you need.

As for everyone else, we got some more codes to give out! We'd love to get as many people going over this game and helping us perfect it as possible. Here you go:

K3LN7XHJPY64
    6NYENNWXY4HR
    R7LJW949KM4F
    LPML3MXHJKYF
    4YA3P63KANWL

As always, please remember to post and let us know if you've redeemed any of the codes so that we can mark them as taken. Cheers!

6. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Thank you for providing these!! I have just used one: UPDATE:

K3LN7XHJPY64
    6NYENNWXY4HR
    R7LJW949KM4F
    LPML3MXHJKYF
    4YA3P63KANWL

I will post my experiences here. =]

7. Lowlifemalakye

Lowlifemalakye Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I used 6NYENNWXY4HR and will post my feedback here. Thanks!

8. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Beta feedback

Hi FragGames,

Thanks for allowing us to BETA test your Sorcerer's Ring game! Here's what I got to report so far:

1. Graphics are not polished (as expected in a BETA version), not worried.

2. Intro Movie is not skippable (please allow skipping)

3. Character movements are "old-skool stiff" (likely due to BETA version)

4. Battle mechanics are working perfectly fine, but is this really all that combat has to offer? I'd prefer the spell effects to be MUCH more spectacular with MUCH greater area of effect rather than just a "shot"; I personally don't mind the battles becoming substantially slower/longer due to an exponential increase in spell detail/effect. Do this for OFFLINE play if you feel that ONLINE (Multiplayer) implementation of high quality spell effects is impractical.

*I'm sure that the focus is speed and determining which spell the enemy will be using next in preparation for your counterattack, but I'm certain that this 'focus' can be implemented to be shown (to the player) right before the exponentially higher quality detailed spell effect comes to an end, thus keeping the 'speed/focus' concept alive. I know its asking a lot, but I am confident that it will bring this game at least one big step closer to being AAA. "Sorcerer's Ring"....don't settle for less with a title this special.

-Additional Suggestion: Enemy death animations coinciding with the spell that killed them would be a nice touch....eg. Enemy disintegrates due to the final blow being a FIRE spell.

5. I understand that this is a BETA version, but please ensure in the FINAL build that OFFLINE play progress is completely unhindered by keeping everything you need to complete the game successfully OFFLINE. I noticed that shrines REQUIRED an internet connection to even progress to the next enemy/area. When the FINAL game is released, I'm hoping that the 300+MB game can be downloaded completely (no additional bundle downloads) and basic shrine access could be achieved OFFLINE whereas special shrine access can take place when an internet connection is established. In my opinion, the MULTIPLAYER option should be the only thing requiring an internet connection.

6. The title screen appears after you die, lol. (BETA blip, lol?)

7. Menu interface (even in this low resolution BETA) looks pretty neat, but it lacks a BACK button. Please make a more apparent (and convenient) way to close out the menu or go back.

9. FragGames

FragGames Active Member

Hey guys, we're back on toucharcade. This post disappeared for awhile.

Sen, thanks a ton for your feedback. Optimizations will of course keep making those better but I am passing all of it on to our engineering and animation people.

As far as the combat goes, it certainly gets a lot more complex but making the spell effects "bigger" might lead to a lot of confusing particles at later stages, particularly on smaller screens. The combat gets pretty pacey and thinky later, so a clean look might work better. But the spell specific death animations are a good idea! I'll float the idea.

Let me know of any other feedback, questions or if you guys need more codes, and I'll try and arrange for that :)

10. FragGames

FragGames Active Member

Oh and the intro movie should absolutely be skippable, that must be a bug. Will bring it to everyone's attention.

11. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Any updates?