One Trick Turtle - by Grinder Monkey

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by grindermonkey, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 grindermonkey, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    Hey Everyone,
    We are Grinder Monkey Games, a group of three friends living in three different states attempting to make fun, challenging and visually pleasing iOS games.

I am excited to share some progress of our first game, One Trick Turtle. We are coming into the home stretch of development and will hopefully have it wrapped up in a week or so.

The basics of the game are that you're this turtle and you have to jump landmass to landmass without falling to your death. Sounds easy enough, wrong. There is a small window where you have to tap to jump to make it to the next landmass without over or under jumping it. The landmasses shoot a crossed the screen randomly in 5 different sizes at a fast pace, so there's no time for error.

It's a fun little game to challenge your friends with. We've also added the ability to unlock different worlds. Oh and did i mention the teleporting?! Throughout the game there are hidden portals, so as you're falling to your death you might just find yourself warping through a portal to a new world and a second chance at life.

Here is a shot of the opening menu.. I'll update with more pics soon, as well as a video of the game play.

Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/onetrickturtle

[hqyoutube]eaaJzO43zA0[/hqyoutube]

[​IMG]

2. video update

Here is a quick video:
    [hqyoutube]Xy7ioQ8NQKs[/hqyoutube]

3. 1pxOff

1pxOff Active Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Software Developer
    Texas
    Looks cool! Love the art, very polished. Do the different environments have different physics? For instance does the turtle move faster on the ice levels due to less friction?

4. Hey 1pxOff, thanks for the comment.

The physics stay consistent throughout the game no matter which world you're in. It's just a visual change.

5. Our designer was messing around the other day and whipped up this! To bad we don't have the legal rights to add the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the game.

[​IMG]

6. #6 grindermonkey, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

OCTOBER 16th!

We finally have a release date for One Trick Turtle .. October 16th. To help build some buzz we'll be giving away limited edition toys and promo codes to get the game early in the coming weeks on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Twitter: @GMonkey_Games
    Instagram: @grindermonkeygames
    facebook.com/onetrickturtle

OneTrickTurtle.com

7. #7 grindermonkey, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

Unlock new worlds the more you play!

8. Would anyone be interested in a promo code?

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I'd love to try it out. So, yes, I would love a code if you could pm one to me. Thanks!!

10. LeoPat

LeoPat New Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Thanks for the promo code. I like the game it's a pretty good time waster! The graphics are nice to look at and the sounds fits perfectly. Good job!

11. New Trailer
    [hqyoutube]eaaJzO43zA0[/hqyoutube]

12. VaibhavChavan

VaibhavChavan Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Just went through the video posted on top... Loved the Art, pretty impressive and polished. One thing caught my eye was that the distance between 2 rocks to jump seems exactly same. Correct me if I am wrong as varying distance could make a lot of difference in the gameplay... Otherwise would definitely like to try this out..