Feedback on our upcomming 2D shooter game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Krehol Games, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

#1 Krehol Games, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    UPDATE: Project Raynium is Free for 24 Hours!!!
    Check here now!!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1524346&posted=1#post1524346

In the year 2055 the evil president Samual Draxus ordered military scientist to create the ultimate fighting machine. Pres. Draxus wanted the perfect soldier strong , agile , and very dangerous. Mixing human and rhino DNA , project Raynium was created.
    However Raynium did not share the same beliefs as the evil Pres. Draxus. Refusing to do the Presidents dirty work , Raynium turns on the military. Vowing for revenge for what the Pres. Draxus has turned him into , Rayinum will spill any blood nessary to get to Samual Draxus.

Project Raynium features

Intense side scrolling shooting action that never lets up.

Every stage introduces a new enemy , with new challenges.

Awesome boss fights!!

Perfect controls!!

Multiple weapons and easy gun switch feature. Once you collect a gun you can switch weapons at any time.

If you can spare a moment and give us your thoughts so far. Do you like what you see ? Would you like more screenshots or better quality video? Does this look like the type of game you buy?
    After our 1st game , several members told us they would like a game fun yet deeper than the whats avalible for iphone. Thats what helped us decide to make Project Raynium. Thanks for everyones feedback and I hope the new year will be great for you!!!

Attached Files:

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Ok, impressions from the video

I like the whole Green baret/Contra vibe i'm getting from this and the idea of the rhino soldier is pretty funny:)

That being said, something looks off with the physics. The way you jump seems weird to me, it could use some polish

The same thing with the enemies death animation, could use more polish as well

All in all it looks interesting though:)

3. maxxx

maxxx Active Member

Dec 23, 2010
    more

I like to see more of the game. So far for me Iam looking for a side-scrolling shooter. The game definitly looks fun to play and I noticed when a regular soldier bumps into a dead soldier, the regular soldier jumps over the dead body. Also I like when the soldiers jump off the roof comming down at you.
    Cool little details like that is what I like. Show me a screenshot of one of the bosses and I tell you if I will buy it or not. I need to see just a little more.

4. Krehol Games

thanks for feedback

Yes the video isnt the best quality as we where using a cellphone to record. We will make sure to post newer video and photos as the date of release comes sooner. We have uploaded the game today on apple and waiting on thier release which probaly take 7-10 days.

5. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    looks exactly like doodle army...

6. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Looks pretty good actually. I'd like to see more.
    The only thing I dislike in the video is that Raynium's legs keep moving even when he is not moving. Not a major thing but it just bugs me.

7. Krehol Games

#7 Krehol Games, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    nothing like

Added new video of one of the boss battles. Thanks for the great feedback guys , keep it comming. The game has been submitted to itunes. Hopefully 7-10 days the game will be released. 1st day of release the game will be free afterward the price will go to $1.99 and never drop. Then we will listen to feedback and add updates accordingly.

8. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Promising Start

You might want to consider coming up with a color scheme so that the visual design can feel more unified. Perhaps you could add a little blue to the sky, give the buttons a blueish tone with about 40% transparency, and completely remove the thick "project raynium" panel behind the buttons.

Moving the reload button above the A button might make reloading easier. As it is now, it seems like the player would have to reach kind of high on the screen just to reload.

More detail and texture could be added to the background, and, as suggested above, you may also want to tweak the physics so that the characters can feel a little heavier and "lifelike."

9. Krehol Games

thanks

Thanks for the feedback!! We made the sky red/orange to give the feel of this is going to be a murderous day.
    As far as the soldiers we made them have AI and react to the situation. We didnt want them just running into your gun like zombies. Some soldiers will jump over bullets and attack. Thanks for your feedback and we welcome anymore.

10. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    If you're going for a murderous day look, you might want to add a little red to the sky then instead of blue. And make the buttons a translucent black with gray text, something very subtle that doesn't stand out too much from the game itself. I think that could work.

11. Krehol Games

#11 Krehol Games, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    sky

Cool I will talk to my animator about that , sounds interesting.

What you guys think about the boss battle?

12. bbholiday

bbholiday Member

Nov 9, 2010
    looks fun

Iam glad to see developers step up and make more solid titles. It looks as if you guys put some effort into making a solid game. This game will definitly be added to my collection.
    Currently Iam playing soosiz and pizza boy . This looks like another great side-scrolling 2D game.

13. Krehol Games

wait for apple

Yes this is the part that drives developers crazy. The game has been submmited and now waiting on apples approval. Hopefully it will only be 5-7 days. Iam glad people are excited as we are excited ourselves.

14. Krehol Games

what??

No its doesnt in any way,shape,form, or fashion. Thanks for the feedback though!!

15. Krehol Games

Project Raynium Free for 24 hours only!!! Intense 2D sidescrolling arcade action

UPDATED THREAD now project raynium is free!!!