Universal Jet Car Stunts - by True Axis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    That's all you had to do - make JCS a bloated version of the same, nearly perfect racer it has been since launch. I'd say it's pretty much already there, considering the lite tracks, replays, challenges, and control customizability. The new tracks sound scary - I haven't looked at a single screenshot yet - but should be a lot of fun.

Btw- you just triple posted within a span of less than 10 minutes

2. TrueAxis

TrueAxis Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    OK, a little update... I've have the new content working on the device... Now it's ironing out a few problems and niggles and getting off the test server to get the leaderboards done :) Anyway, getting closer :)

3. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    All I can say is the new levels are insane... a whole new set of driving skills need to be learnt :) But I'm having fun trying on the device...

4. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    So is there going to be a JCS 2 or will there be just DLC levels. Sorry I'm new.

5. TrueAxis

Sep 7, 2009
    Jet Car Stunts 2 is in the pipeline - this will have new modes of play and quite a few wish list items people are after.

We may save the iPad version for JCS2, we still need to get our hands on one and do some tests...

6. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Looking forward to the new levels. I manged to get silver medals on impossible and its nice to have some more challenging levels on the way. Also any news on when this update might come out? Do you think it will be submitted by next week?

7. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Its starting to look like things will be delayed a couple weeks. Everything is pretty much there and working now and we just need a bit more time to iron out the bugs, but, Andy(AKA TrueAxis) is the one who always knows how to do the release builds, and he is getting married in a couple days then will be a way for a while, then pretty much straight after that, we will be going to E3. I'm not sure if we will have the opportunity to do a release before then. At least we have plenty of time to do QA on the plane trip;)

8. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    well congratulations on the marriage then

9. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Hey man, easy. I don't have an iPhone at the moment. Take your precious time now. :p

10. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #2130 xStatiCa, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    Anyone else feel like sending Andy a dollar or two through paypal as a gift (no fees then) so he has some extra honey moon cash? He would have to promise to use it on the honey moon :). If enough do it it might be helpful and wouldn't cost individuals but a dollar or two. I have had so much fun with this game and the quality of it is top notch. It is the least I could do to show my thanks... as well as buying the level packs when they come out of course :).

If enough people are interested then maybe luke can post a paypal email (encoded in some way so that spam bots won't scarf it up).

Congrats Andy!

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    just started replayig the levels for when the DLC is released. gosh this is a hell of an annoying game. no way I'm going for all gold a second time. looking forward for new levels though

12. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #2132 eev, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    maybe there is some chances that hud will be reworked? the stats are in white color and with small font, but this is the game where u need to finish levels as fast as possible. why not make font bigger and place the time to the side? the same thing can be done with replays. It's a little bit hard to race the ghost car because it distracts from own race, so maybe it's possible just to show the difference between replay and current race. another question is not so important, but if shadows are calculated and not pretextured then option to turn them off would be nice.

13. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    There's DLC coming?! Hooray! How much will it cost?

14. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Probably $1.99 or maybe $2.99

15. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

The game itself is priced at $1.99. Asking more money for some downloadable content makes no sense at all. So I'm guessing $0.99 for a level pack or something.

16. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    The level pack contains 25 levels, it almost has the same amount of content that JCS has. To price it at $.99 would be ripping the devs off for all their hard work, to me the pack is worth at least $1.99

17. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    To me the whole game(not including the dlc) is worth abt $4.99 so even 1.99 for 25 levels is a ripoff.

I'm not exaggerating here.

18. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    they said they were talking about breaking it into two packs. One with easy and intermediate, the other with hard and impossible. each $0.99

19. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    We just made the trip all the way from Melbourne Australia to LA for E3. There might be an anouncement about the price point while we are here.

Hopefully you will all have the level pack in your hands soon after we get back.

20. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    after update to new 4.0gm, this game is running very strange on 3gs. looks a bit like a slomo.