iPhone Cubemen - TD meets RTS!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by seon, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    #1 seon, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Hiya, I just wanted to showcase the trailer for my new game Cubemen that is coming out for iPad2+ on iOS as well as Mac and PC (Via Mac App Store and Steam).

Cubemen is a fast paced, action packed, original 3D Tower Defense game mixed with RTS elements! Check out the trailer, it pretty much showcases exactly how it's different and why it's awesome.

It’s the age old struggle between Good vs Bad, Blue vs Red, Little men vs Little men. Use your own little Cubemen to defend your base from other little Cubemen that are trying to run it over. It’s the usual story, but with many very interesting twists.

Play a purely defense game in various modes on a sweet selection of levels, or go into Skirmish mode and play a new type of TD game against either the computer or another human opponent. That’s right.. Two way REAL-TIME TD against the computer or a real person!

There are no static towers, just little men! Spawn your little Cubemen with orders to get to a certain location to attack or defend. You can move your Cubemen around the board at any time or click on an enemy to target them.

It’s TD like you’ve never seen or experienced before.

Cubemen plays beautifully on the iPad2 with full touch controls for selection, level rotation and pinch zooming.

Version 1.0 includes:-
    • 26 Defense levels (Single Player)
    • 20 Skirmish levels (versus AI or online realtime multi-player)
    • 5 Gameplay modes for single player
    • Global leader-boards for all Defense levels
    • 27 Achievements to earn
    • Skirmish statistics and ranks for both AI and Human games
    • And lots more...

I really hope you all like what you see.

iOS App Store and Mac App Store release dates are yet to be confirmed.

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Wow! This looks pretty amazing!

3. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I like the art style, looks to be a promisingly good game, looking forward to it :)

4. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    It takes a lot to impress me these days... and I'm impressed with the style of this game.

5. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks, I am also really happy with the look and visual simplicity of the game too :)

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Game looks promising. I'll be getting this one when it is out.

7. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    For those that haven't looked further, I also have a walk through video I posted a few weeks ago on youtube. It covers most of the game in a stunning 12 mins of me talking! It's captured from my Mac, ut the iPad version is identical, just no mouse cursor :)

[hqyoutube]jiXAxTKb6ic[/hqyoutube]​

It's weird listening to my own voice as I showcase some of the gameplay features, but it gives a good run down on the game mechanics and also showcases the Skirmish mode (versus AI).

I hope it doesn't put you all to sleep!

8. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    This looks great. Is it going to be hitting the store any time soon? Or are we a long way off that yet?

9. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks so much for the walkthrough video, the gameplay looks great! I'm really looking to the skirmish mode the most.

I like the levels you've created, but I was wondering if your planning to add a level editor (hopefully in the IOS version)?

10. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    pavarotti2007: No too long to wait, but no set release dat yet.

Marcus70: Honestly, A level editor has been a hot topic for Cubemen for the last 3 months. Some testers are pushing for it, some are not.

Version 1.0 will not be shipping with a level editor. I think 46 levels are a good range for the first release.

Beyond version 1.0, i guess we will just have to see how well it does before I commit to shipping a level editor, as I already have a dozen or so new levels lined up as free content post 1.0, and though i have an in game level editor that I use to make the levels, it's got a long way to go to get polished enough to ship. And that doesn't even cover the work required for a back end system to manage all of the user levels, some type of in game gallery to check out new user levels and the ability to download and rate them.

Can you tell I have put a bit of time thinking about this? lol

11. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to it.

12. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, time to kick things into gear and get Cubemen iOS ready for iPad3 :)

13. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
  14. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ipad is coming. We had to re-submit to get the latest iPad Retina version in - Looks amazing on the new iPad (and of course the iPad2).

Not long now :)

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

So looking forward to it ; )

16. pavarotti2007

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Is it releasing as soon as it is approved or are you holding it back for a certain date etc?

17. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cubemen - Official Release Date!

It's official!

I can finally announce that Cubemen is launching on iOS (iPad 2+) & Mac App Store on the 29th of March (Next tThursday) - get your iPads & Mac's ready!

Cubemen is also Retina ready for the new iPad and the most important thing is:-

Cubemen Multi-player games are cross platform, so you can play iPad 2 v.s Steam or Steam v.s MAS or MAS v.s iPad... lots of Cubemen MP goodness :)

18. Kamizak3

Kamizak3 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    School, beta testing apps, learning programming
    California
    Just wondering, how much will cubemen be :)?

19. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cubemen will be launching on sale on both iOS App Store and Mac App Store for for $3.99 like the launch on Steam.

Cheers :)

20. Kamizak3

Kamizak3 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    School, beta testing apps, learning programming
    California
    #20 Kamizak3, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    Gonna stay up late just to get it, instabuy for me :)

Edit: nvm I have 3.67$ on iTunes gonna be a while till i get more :(