"Virtual Table Tennis Pro" has been submitted to Apple.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dirnaiefne, Jun 12, 2011.

1. xerox

xerox Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    New York
    What are the difference between this new version than the older?

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    That's what I want to know.

3. dirnaiefne

dirnaiefne Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Free. Thank you.

4. dirnaiefne

May 18, 2010
    This feature still need to wait for a while, but it is there will be.

the new iPad version has local MP, thanks.

5. dirnaiefne

May 18, 2010
    yes,the new versions have better gameplay, full HD & Retina support, more game content(new opponents), fixed a lot of bugs, and new perspective that let you have more wide sight. iPad version has local multiplayer(i think this is really good).

6. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    This is awesome. I was just playing Skyworks' Table Tennis game on the iPad. It's currently the best TT game for the iPad, but it's not as good as the old VTT. Terrible service, and only offensive play. So I just searched for Table Tennis here and came across the thread. Must be fate.

Looking forward to this.

7. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    This looks utterly brilliant! The mechanic of play looks so natural and it seems to really follow the stroke perfectly, great work!

What I'd also like to see though is it having Game Center online head-to-head support, as beating AI is never as much fun as a real person. Plus ideally it'd be a Universal binary (it'd have to be Universal to allow iPhone users play against iPad on GC so you don't split the userbase). iPad split screen is great if you're with someone, but online would open this up to be a really big hit (if it isn't as it is) as GC gets more popular.

8. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    That's great news. Every other table tennis game gives you no space to manoeuvre round the table; you're stuck in the same, limited place at the head of the table with no room to really get around the ball, like you would in real life.

Guys, if you never played the original VTT, then be prepared for the BEST table tennis experience on iOS; the physics were absolutely spot on and gameplay was highly addictive and satisfying. I have high hopes for VTTP.

9. daniller

daniller Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    I haven't played the original VTT and now I really want to try this one. I've played table tennis in real life. This kind of playing really looks awesome. Can't wait.

10. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    #31 Espekayen, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    Some feedback:

VTTP is even better than the previous version. It plays just as well as VTT did and the sheer satisfaction you get from hitting that winning smash is unrivalled and something you just don't get from other table tennis games. The tutorial is a welcome addition, and I expect newcomers in particular will appreciate it. The choice of absolute or relative controls is also very useful indeed. I prefer the relative option myself and find that it gives more bat visibility and hence better control. You may disagree.

VTTP is not perfect, however, and could use some improvements:

1) The tutorial, whilst great, does not give you enough time to read the text before trying out a shot. The timing is off and needs tuning. Or just introduce a tap-to-continue button.

2) I would like some way of marking opponents I have beaten. At the moment, there is no way to tell which players you have played from the player selection screen.

3) The game sometimes fails to register a won match when you exit the app. For example, I exited the app after having won a match 11-1. When I restarted the game, it had me at 10-0. It seems to have saved my progress one shot further back than it should have.

Overall, VTTP is a must-have if you like table tennis games; I can't believe it's free. The table itself might be a bit small for some people, but it's good enough for me as the extra space around the table now allows for some truly spectacular smashes. And with more proficient opponents, you can really get some fantastically frenetic rallies going!

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep think this game is stunning considering its free. Its very very playable, you can do some great shots and i think the computer difficulty level (which you can change) is about right. Had some great rallies. On my ipod the table could be bigger but the games free, cant complain too much. A very very good game

12. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Picked this up today and it doesn't disappoint - it's better than I even thought it would be going from the video - you really feel in control and when you miss a return or mess up a smash you know it was your fault and it never feels unfair. Fantastic game.

Regarding the comment on the table being small - it HAS to be like this so you get the space to move about and play your shot realistically from behind the table. Kudos on setting this up so it plays the best it can rather than merely making the screenshots look framed nicely.

I agree with the comments above regarding the tutorial text not showing for long enough but it's so easy to pick up it didn't really matter.

As I said all this needs in online multiplayer then it'd be a game I'd play a LOT. Beating the AI just isn't as satisfying as beating a real human. Hope online MP gets added - I appreciate it's a really fast game and will be tough to get it to play lag-free but it would be a very welcome addition to an already brilliant game.

I would like to go ads-free but it just says "Error, please try again later" - I presume you're still setting up the IAP but you've got a sale right here when you do!

13. TigerXtreme69

TigerXtreme69 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Amazing game

Like the other review before me said this game needs online multiplayer. It's already intuitive, realistic, and loads of fun but playing people on the internets would be amazing. I would gladly pay an iap for that feature. Can't believe the core game is free.

14. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Same here. Credit to the developer, though, for not displaying ads during a match.

VTTP is the only proper table tennis game for iOS, as far as I know; it is the only one to give you sufficient space around the table to play properly. This game is so sastifying, from the ultra realistic physics to the sound of the ball as you smash it onto the table and it goes flying into the corner of the room.

I would also like to see MP although I know it would be a challenge to get it lag-free. MP would be the icing on an already very sweet cake.

15. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Wi-fi multiplayer shouldn't be too hard to do without lag, compared to online multiplayer.

Still trying to figure out the spin mechanics. Probably the trickest part of a TT game. Would be nice if we eventually get to customize the paddles too.

I eagerly await the iPad version.

16. Iljimae

Iljimae Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Oh I see, cheers

17. tunaVille

tunaVille Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Skyworks for itouch anyway is much better than VTT putting spin or cuts on the ball is much more accurate. Also you must spend 7 bucks on this one to get a paddle. No way to earn coin. Online play is fun on VTT. But fatal flaw as the ball can bounce a few times on the floor and still be active. All paddles on VTT seem alike. Probably the best PP game is Slam and Spin