Universal realMyst by Cyan Worlds

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by joehunt, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Malfhok

Malfhok Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Freelance video
    IL
    An update just came out with a bunch of bug fixes and high-res books and such!

2. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Is this game worth getting after the latest fixes? I've never played myst but sounds like my cup of tea and I want to give it a go.

3. Sojourn

Sojourn Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying it -- as someone who grew up playing Myst, it's great to experience that world again, but in a differently immersive way. I'm appreciating things about the different Ages I hadn't been able to see before, simply because I can look around more than in the original.

Myst is a great game, for the aesthetic, the world, the puzzles, and the story. I not sure what experiencing realMYST first, vs. trying the original Myst first would be like, but for the reasonable price and fantastic environment, I think the game is worth a shot. Let us know what you think if you get it!

4. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Is the original Myst a smooth experience? I know its an iPhone game but I don't mind playing 2x as long as its not buggy.

5. Sojourn

Sojourn Well-Known Member

Definitely -- I haven't played it on my iPad, but had no issues on my iPhone. And realMYST isn't super-buggy, per se, but it can feel a bit laggy at times and the load times can be a bit long between areas. Otherwise, though, it's lovely.

6. frillo

frillo New Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem; tryied to start from scratch but it just doesn't work in any way. It doesn't seem that the developers are very responsive, though. Just like the tower clock switchÂ…
    Please, HELP
    f

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #67 Candykiller, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    It's a while now since I completed the game, but it turns out that the switch positions have to be set at the opposite of what I expected. The tower clock switch position is fine as it is. (although stuck in place) Just set all the other switches on the island to match. Hope this helps.

8. antarchitect

antarchitect Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    Can anyone speak to any surprises?

I know it's been a long time but I'm worried it won't be any fun because I'll remember all the puzzle solves. Does the free-walking aspect change things? Or is there new content/puzzles?

9. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Makes it a little easier to miss stuff, in my opinion. And there's definitely new content compared to the original Myst, there's a whole new age at the end, although it's a bit short and mostly a bridge to future games in the series.

10. This game looks great on iPAD! Awesome stuff

11. cyril0108

cyril0108 New Member

Nov 2, 2015
    #71 cyril0108, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Hey. Am I the only one who is happy to have realMyst on the iphone since last update ? No word on this major update on TouchArcade !!!