Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    -sushibox - E-mail me your skype to [email protected], I will send you a dev build, see if we can fix that?

I am currently working on the stats update of the game, I have fixed the vanishing item bug, tweaked the difficultly increasing more, and some other mechanics.

I am debating about the attack speed, and being able to touch to attack faster.

This update wont come out until after the next update.

2. selltheworld

selltheworld Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Nice to see that you are putting effort in the game. Unfortunately alot of developers forget about their apps once they have been submitted. We need more like Kinto.

3. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Please don't! If there something I like from this game is that you don't have to constantly tap the screen. I got stressed with such games! :(

4. selltheworld

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    #84 selltheworld, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  5. selltheworld

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    purple helm+armor+boots gives a set bonus

Battle Mage
    +25 xProc
    +100 Magic Damage

6. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Love the game, would love to see some GC leaderboards, achievements, etc.

7. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Okay, so I was LOVING this game...
    until 2 hours later when it was over. The difficulty didn't really spike, and there wasn't nearly as much diversity in enemy or boss types as I'd hoped.

Not to mention, the game is INCREDIBLY short.

That said, one of my favorite games this year, but man it's got so much potential that isn't ever realized. You ultimately fight the same way, and enemies don't really have varying / interesting attacks. Still, awesome game...

8. selltheworld

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    #88 selltheworld, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    @Sakinnuso, the developer seams to be whilling to keep developing the game if people keep playing :)

I have added some info to the wikia, http://bitdungeon.wikia.com/wiki/BitDungeon_Wiki , it would be nice if people had some ideas for the wiki.

9. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game provides a great base to expand upon. Could end up being a full-fledged masterpiece in the end. Maybe a sequel?

10. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Um, You can already do this! I think he was talking about removing it.
    An interesting way to handle this would be to allow the player to hold more than one type of weapon at a time. You could then tap on the weapon you want to be using depending on the type of enemy were fighting. This way instead of vigorously tapping on the screen you would be strategically choosing which item to use. Same thing could be done with magic. You could have a spell that repels projectiles et cetera.

11. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    whoa, there's a wiki for this game...
    gonna try this game on my ipad ^_^

12. selltheworld

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    The wiki have been around for 2-3 months but the dude who started it only made 2 pages, I am currently working on filling it with information.

There is some problems thou, to be able to do many of the bigger things on the wiki, we need a local admin.

I know that Kinto have already contacted wikia and is trying to adopt the wiki. This is a great thing because then the developer is there to help with the wiki.

If you wanna see a wiki I build with a couple of friends check the little masters wiki. It's made without the help of the developers.

So with the help from the developers the bit dungeon wiki has a chance to be awesome.

-selltheworld

13. selltheworld

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
  14. sakinnuso

Sep 2, 2010
    You know, other than some of the technical things that others have already pointed out (weapons swapping, etc), I think that the game could really use more enemy diversity, different attack patterns/styles, and actual maps.

For example, when I saw that the game had Zelda influences, I expected maps with interesting things like barriers, hidden traps, etc. I was hoping for a little exploration. I'm not expecting this to be a diablo style game, but the more i played, the more I accepted that every board is really the same as the last.

It would've been really interesting to have enemies that weren't susceptible to certain attacks, forcing strategy from the player. I love that we get projectile weapons and shields, but it would've been awesome if they were more useful. The ability to switch between elemental powers on the fly depending on the boss would've been fantastic.

And speaking about bosses, what about patterns. At the end of the day, the bosses didn't do much other than take up real estate, right? They looked cool, but even Super Mario 3-hit bosses tend to do more. Jumping bosses, fast moving bosses, super slow but powerful bosses, teleporting bosses that mix up their port speeds, invisible bosses that require you to use one elemental power to see them, and another to attack, bosses that play on light where you can't see them at all because you're in a pitch black room where only your light guides you....

Clever stuff like that would REALLY make this game special. That's the ZELDA stuff that i was expecting, with the Binding of Issac stuff being the never ending loot grabbing and really screwed up enemy types.

I would've loved to see super RARE weapon drops when you go back into a cleared room, but you have to work even harder to get them because RARE enemy types appear.

I would love to see floor traps, level teleports (drop to the floor from 3-2 to 5-1), and even more by way of hidden rooms instead of same layout on every level. Trick statues, lasers, ice floors, fire traps - all of these things would ROCK this game.

Even giving the main guy DEPLOYABLE items would be awesome.

In the end, I enjoyed the game. It was a quick 2 hour romp, but i expected a little more. Hopefully we'll get to see the types of updates that would really make this game a classic...

15. Meioh

Meioh New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Well, i dont know what you mean exactly by super rare items but they are there. Green items are quite great, and a tad rare too. And now i recently discovered theres some sort of pink/black tier. It was a sword i dropped around floor 9 or 10. Chest was black, i was like the ####? The name was pink, and the sword graphic black. Gave 40% crit and like 68 cleave. So yeah.

Also heads up, dont touch ~that~ ghost after you kill the cemetery boss, like, ever. I lost my floor 45 game like this, and got me furious ; 3;

16. sakinnuso

Sep 2, 2010
    Yeah, i just did another playthrough and found this insane black sword which I've kept the entire game. Pretty much kills everything with one hit. That is until I got to the secret last boss. My 3rd time through and once i got to the soul of the lady that I'm trying to save, you'll see a white orb. IF you hit that orb which appears in your ring slot, you're warped to ANOTHER stage with all ghosts. You'll fly through all of ghosts with no problem. They can't harm you.

then you'll get to the toughest holy crap boss in the game.

I have literally killed EVERYTHING in this game with ZERO effort while equipped with this black sword.

I can't even take 1/4 of this soul taker's energy. I love this unfinished little gem. So much potential. Still, awesome for what it is...

17. Meioh

Meioh New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    You can go to that cemetery every 4 stages. The soul taker isnt actually hard, just gotta stay the fuc away every 3 swings he does, to avoid the burning. I pretty much got humped hard too before i realized that. Reward is a chest with soul gear. Once you beat it there will also be a soul on the reward room, dont touch that one or you'll die.

18. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Hey guys my update got delayed, so here are some free codes. I am working on the game center, and universal app right now.

PHPT7RRFHFPM
    E97XRLRHFHJE
    TR7HRRR7ELAP
    RT9ET4EKMRHN
    FEH9AJHK47KH
    M3PYJK6KJEF3
    TKNMEX3TYKJN
    YA9H9LXKWW7L
    HR9EPT4KY6LX

19. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks!!! Took TR7HRRR7ELAP. Great to hear universal is coming!

20. selltheworld

Sep 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I received a lot of images for the wiki from Kinto. Putting them up as soon as I get a chance.