Video of some testing

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by imjameshall, May 6, 2011.

1. imjameshall

imjameshall Member

May 4, 2011
    Basically an old super early proof of concept for something i was ideating.

Figured I'd share.

The lines were drawn by just dragging your finger

http://vimeo.com/18278953

2. Hi,

I noticed that you haven't had many replies. If you're using youtube, you can put BB codes around it so that people can click on the video and watch it. The codes are eg "[youtube] [hqyoutube]" etc. I was putting a video on today and found this out.

Not sure if this helps or not?

3. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Great concept, you could make an awesome game out of that!

4. imjameshall

imjameshall Member

May 4, 2011
    Thanks MrLeQuack!

I think i may incorporate it into some stuff im working on.

BlueSpiral...thanks for the heads up, but its on Vimeo, and theres no BBCode for vimeo!

5. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    This is a great little idea... With a few obstacles and a limited amount of "ink" to draw things for the ball to bounce off of, you would have a nice, challenging physics puzzler.

6. imjameshall

imjameshall Member

May 4, 2011
    #6 imjameshall, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    Thanks!

I think i may actually create a quick iPad app with this idea, since it seems to be a good idea.

Heres the proof of concept fleshed out a bit more

[hqyoutube]gJEWTZqgu-Q[/hqyoutube]

The cool thing is, i create levels with XML, which makes level creation quite simple.

Thinking about making it an iPad game so i have more real estate to make levels with!

thanks for the input!

7. #7 BlueSpiral, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    Interesting idea with plenty of scope for additional levels. Perhaps you could have different style balls ie golf, bowling, basketball that bounce differently. How about different gravity or underwater?

How about putting goals at either end and making it a variation of air hockey?