Dark Hill (In Review)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by scinfu, Apr 11, 2009.

1. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    The game looks awesome! Even if it gets rejected, just make the changes and submit again... I'm looking forward to this one. :cool:

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yea..... copy right infringment.
    Apple dosnt alow that OR you could get sued... (form the copy right owner)

3. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Do be careful with regards to copyright... from the Silent Hill angle also... I think it's ok if the game is inspired by Silent Hill... as long as it is not directly copying...

4. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    #24 yourofl10, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
    Remeber the guy that made Duck Hunt and had it on the app store?
    Hes getting his butt sued like no tomarrow

5. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    #25 arkanigon, Apr 11, 2009
    hmmm... so better be careful scinfu... especially since you've named it Dark Hill... if there are copyright violations, it could get you into trouble later on, even if Apple doesn't reject it...

6. scinfu

scinfu Well-Known Member

thanks guys ... i m work to change the image ...

7. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    will nintendo is a BIG company.......
    Just send a e-mail to the copy right owner asking them if u can uise there image.........

8. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    No problem...

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    #29 K.D!, Apr 11, 2009
    This uses the Unity engine yes? It's just that at 1:50 in the video, that looks like the second room out of Paper Pilot, only with different decor. Either way, I'm definately interested in this. FPS + Horror = win, in my books!

Kris

10. Gieve

Gieve Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    General rule of thumb,

Make everything yourself.

If you need to use someone else's art/code make sure its 100% ok, and/or license free, this goes for things as silly as using photos found on google for textures to finding some models you like and just sticking them in because they will save you some time. its a dangerous position to find yourself.

save your self hassle, lest we forget one of the greatest plagiarism stories of recent times (Limbo of the Lost, Google for a fun and informative read)

11. I love the horror genre and this game seems pretty good. And with that great launch price I'll be picking this one up. The controls are good as well. I'm not too big on the red circle part of it but it moves well regardless.

12. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    I will be getting this 1 to

13. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Agreed.

14. scinfu

scinfu Well-Known Member

yes i m an unity3d user , a some asset are of the unity , and many but many art/code are my . the appartmen is an asset free and can be used freely with a license unity .

and before anyone tells me "thief" I reply with a comment of a moderator of unity .

15. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    wouldnt be to worried about not being approved because of one random picture seeing as how idig was approved and the whole game is a blatant rip off of mr.driller. you should probably just change it in a an update though. just to be nice

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #36 arta, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    I think the Aeon Flux thing is cool, don't think even Apple is that anal.

Game looks and sounds awesome, although the enemies looking like stiff cardboard cutouts kinda kills the dread buildup. Nice environmental events to add to the mood. I think we should be able to move the FIRE button closer to our finger instead of reaching in the middle like Zombieville.

Being able to go near certain objects and reading info (aka "Not sure where this door leads", "This picture looks old" etc) might be cool as well.

17. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Hi, everybody! New to TA so I'm trying the forums out. But I did have a question about this game.

The graphics look good for starters, but after watching the video, I wonder about the control scheme. Is the fire button too far away from the control pads? Would a player have to stop moving every time that he/she needed to shoot at a monster? (Like taking finger off one of the pads, shoot, when monster moves then go back to movement pad, re-aim, then shoot again?) This seems to be a bit inefficient for a FPS. Thoughts? Anyone played games with this scheme before? Did it work well?

18. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Another control scheme for FPS fail?

19. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Another control for FPS fail? Maybe... I don't want to jump to conclusions, but...

I'm a big fan of FPS, but I have yet to find a really good one on iPhone. Cube works pretty well. And I'm liking my experience on Wolfenstein 3D. Who knows? Maybe this control scheme will work after. I have been wrong before. :p