The perfect website for muliple apps?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#1 Syndicated Puzzles, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    We really struggled building a website (once) that would accomodate our growing collection of apps. How do you show off your assortment of apps to your customers in such away that it is super easy to add content, but at the same time really inviting for them to discover what it is your apps do?

I am a huge fan of the strongest design element availabe to any form of creation. That is "simplicity". The biggest struggle for our website was getting our guys to stop adding content. They simply couldn't digest the fact that a website could only have icons. It was a real battle that actually forced a simple no from me. The app has to look cliniclal (white) and you are only allowed to use icons on the frontpage.

Here is our version one www.iLifeTouch.com
    ( we are missing content in various places)

Would love some feedback and suggestions?

2. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    looks nice, clean, inoffensive, sterile.. (uninteresting..)
    Number 1, I'd hook everything up to bit.ly links and track how many people are clicking on what icons. If you are only getting clicks on a couple of those, redesign to feature those and minimize the clutter by getting rid of what people are not caring about (or, use that as a call to action to redesign them)

3. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

The website looks crowded, I think putting the apps in categories would be a good think on cleaning the look, also you could make a big rotating banner at the top of the page where you could promote your latest/best apps.
    At each apps page you should lose the other apps on the side, it's confusing!
    A cool feature would be if when you clicked an app, it would open in a popup with all the details.
    I am also fond of simplicity and i like where you are going with your website but it needs a little bit more cleaning.
    Cheers

4. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

#4 Syndicated Puzzles, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
    Good tips guys. Thanks

Always love hearing from people that are looking from the outside in. Always hard to judge your own work.

5. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Hey adding category, I second that.
    At first I didn't understand that the three up squares ( App developpement, android developpement etc..), weren't app too.

And I like videos to explain me how an app works :)