Fruit Frenzy from White Bat Games, the team behind several Nintendo products!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WhiteBatGames, Jan 6, 2011.

1. WhiteBatGames

WhiteBatGames Member

Nov 23, 2010
    #1 WhiteBatGames, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Hi,

Coming soon to all iOS devices from White Bat Games is Fruit Frenzy, a unique puzzle game that’ll give you endless hours of fun! From the people behind Art Academy on the Nintendo DS.

Juice the fruit for Freddy the Fennec Fox and his adorable cast of friends by sliding the rows and columns of the board. Line up the combos for a high score, but be careful – once the rows start to fill up, you’ll need all your wits about you to get them unclogged! There are three game modes. In Arcade Mode, last as long as you can before the screen fills with fruit. In Puzzle Mode, solve devious puzzles at your own pace. Fruit Frenzy has something for everyone! In Time Attack, race against the clock to get a high score before the time runs out.

The game has stunning graphics and a full musical score. With online leaderboards and achievements using OpenFeint, you can compare your scores with friends nearby or across the world. Retina Graphics for iPhone 4 and HD graphics for iPad means the game will look great whichever device you have.

Fruit Frenzy is due out on all iOS devices soon.

Watch the trailer on YouTube

Visit the Fruit Frenzy website

Don't forget to become a fan of White Bat Games on Facebook!

If you run a review site and would like to get a copy of the game for preview, please email contact (at) whitebat.co.uk with your UDID for more information!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Please let us know what you think of the game!

2. leslie2233

leslie2233 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
  3. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    You're such a nice person.

Anyways, though, this game looks pretty good. Ideas on release/price?

4. WhiteBatGames

WhiteBatGames Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Release date is likely to be late Janary/early Febuary. We're pretty much close to finished now. We want to make sure the game is completely bug-free before it's released.

Price will most likely be $1 on release.

We think the game has plenty of depth, replay value and variety. The controls are good and the animation is fast and smooth. It runs at 60fps on all devices, even back to the iPod Touch 1st Gen. The different game modes change the gameplay significantly, and we also have plenty of ideas for updates, including possible multiplayer modes.

I also think we've done well with the artwork, producing something which is really appealing. leslie2233 might think it's lame, but everyone else should enjoy it!

5. WhiteBatGames

WhiteBatGames Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Hey Guys,

Getting people's informed opinions on here is important to us, so please let us know what you think of the game. We've spent a lot of time making Fruit Frenzy the best it can be, and we hope people will enjoy it when it's released.

Useful posters will get a promo code on release of the game!

Thanks,

- WhiteBatGames

6. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I am not a mean person. But there has to be a feature that makes this game shine out. Some awesome game mode etc, there are too many match-3 games out there and people will be afraid to take the plunge if they have one that they like. Honestly, I saw the trailer and there isn't much you can add to already good game. But it just needs something unique, I'll try and think of a great mode lol.

7. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    I think the background art is very playful and nice, I hope to see a lot more like it!

8. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    There are a lot of similar apps out there, but puzzle mode may help set this apart. How many levels are in it?

9. kaboom132

Apr 30, 2010
    I'm actually looking forward to this quite a bit - puzzle mode sounds quite nice, and the graphics look great! Will this have game center?

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This looks pretty good. Might check it out since it'll only be $1.

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!

12. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This game has lots of potential. It definitely has my interest especially being only a dollar.

13. WhiteBatGames

WhiteBatGames Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments. I agree that it's going to be tough competing against some of the big hitters in the puzzle category. But this game is something a little different to the rest of the match-3 games, it's not just another clone of something else on the store. I also hope that the production values are high enough to put it ahead of the pack.

There's 20 puzzle mode levels, with the ones towards the end being really tough. I plan to add more levels in future updates.

There's OpenFeint support, but not Game Center. I suppose I could add OpenFeint's Game Center submission support, but it seems like it might be confusing for players. What's the opinion around here about it?

14. kaboom132

Apr 30, 2010
    Game Center (around here at least) is generally held in higher regard than OpenFeint - some people don't even buy games with OpenFeint (i'm not one of those people :D)