Free Screen Recording Software?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by LBG, May 31, 2009.

1. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any free screen recording software available. What I mean by 'Screen recording software' is software which allows you to select a portion of the screen, record an activity in that portion of the screen, then export the recording in a video format. I have a trial version of 'Replay Video Capture' and it works very well, but it is limited to a recording time of 2 minutes. I am feeling quite tight with my money at the moment and I know how much free stuff is floating around the internet there is, so I was just wondering if there is any free software that can do this.

So far, I have found some freeware screen recorders, but the sound input is through the microphone, not the actual sound in the computer itself (you know what I mean).

So if anyone knows of any free screen recording software with no limit and an internal computer audio input, then please let me know.
    Thanks,
    LBG :)

2. touchme

touchme Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Bay Area
    Jing is a good one, but you have to buy the full version to export to mpeg, in the free version its only flv i think

3. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    captureMe is a free one,

but I decided to buy one, screenflow (1.5.2) really works with full screen grabs and is ecellent and not that expensive (less than the PC equivalalent camtasia).

4. juneinin

juneinin New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I think there are a lot of free screen recording software available in the internet... just search on some download sites...

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Google "HyperCam" its free and has sounds through the computer not through the mic but it's optional. I've used it before but it leaves a wayer mark but if you dont want the watermark you have to pay.

6. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    How big is the water mark? If it's just a small thing in the bottom I wouldn't mind, but if it's right across the screen, that's a whole different story.

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    it's in the top left and just big enough to see the text "unregistered hypercam2" not that bad I think. Here's the software website:

http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/

8. jimadam

jimadam New Member

Apr 3, 2013