Yo yo yo... calling all rap enthusiasts!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MasterChief3624, Jul 27, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #1 MasterChief3624, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Okay... so I was going to try and post this entirely in a rap... but I just don't have the skills to pay the bills- if snails had to pay bills, that is. OH! Turbo reference! :D

For real, though:

I'm seriously addicted to "Worldwide Choppers" by Tech N9ne feat. every other rapper in the universe. I'm primarily an Eminem person, sometimes venturing into Lupe Fiasco or Nas territory when I am in the right mood. Naturally I need to broaden my rap tastes!

So do you have any songs you recommend that are like "Worldwide Choppers"? Yelawolf, Busta Rhymes,Twista, and Tech N9ne are the only ones from the song I can remember and name off the top of my head, but I'm looking for the best songs from all the people on that song!

I guess we could simplify it by saying, can you list the best songs you know of by:

Busta Rhymes
    Tech N9ne
    Twista
    Yelawolf
    any other "choppers" out there

I love the style of going slow, then fast, then regular, then fast, then chorus, then slow, then fast... etc.! :p

What songs do you recommend to a Worldwide Chopper lover? :eek:

Here is a heavier description of what I'm looking for!

For reference:

That's "Worldwide Choppers."

There is a fair amount of profanity in the song, so there's a warning.

Any other songs like this one, especially the parts that Tech N9ne, Yelawolf, Uso, JL of B. Hood, Twista, Busta Rhymes, D-Loc, and Twisted Insane do... so basically every single person on that song, except for the one from Turkey... ah screw it. The guy from Turkey, too! :D

I'm looking for songs that have rhyme schemes, speeds, flows, voices, and melodies like those above... Basically I'm asking for any songs that feel like any one of those verses of "Worldwide Choppers." :p

From my personal searching, I couldn't find individual stuff from Yelawolf, D-Loc, Twista, or Busta Rhymes that I enjoyed, but then again I only tried 3 or 4 from each. I don't like Twista's R&B stuff, Busta Rhymes sounds good but might be too repetitive for me, Yelawolf reeks of wannabe gangster rapper in the wrong era, and I don't remember what I thought of D-Loc so I must not have been too offended but also must not have been too blown away :p

Does this help at all?

Busta's part in Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now" is grand, but I hate Chris Brown, and I do think Busta Rhymes might be a little too comfortable with that rapping style. I'm looking for control and speed, as well as profoundness, but for some reason Busta Rhymes seems to really enjoy this one particular technique... I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's like the rhythm when saying all the words really fast is the same, and never changes throughout the 3 or 4 songs I've heard him spit fast on, and he relies way too heavily on repetition with short two-word phrases here and there, where he will just get into a zone where he says two words, then two more words that are all too similar to the last ones, and keep doing that until he changes up for a little bit, and then... that's it.

Does that make sense?

Worldwide Choppers, he does the "and breakin, and bakin, and savin, and makin" part (I know those aren't the lyrics :p). That's what I'm talking about with the two-word phrases thing. It comes off as lazy. But I am sure he is better than my impression here!

So any help on songs that follow this criteria?

2. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013

There was a song with Chris Brown and Busta rhymes but I can't remember what it is. I know it's on youtube though.

Edit: it's called: Look at me now

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Karmin > misc rap people.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    She's on it - Beastie Boys

Not what you were asking but chucking it out there anyway.

5. mike90

mike90 Member

May 1, 2013
    listen to mgk edge of destruction. it features both tech n9ne and twista on it.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So dope with tech n9ne,snow tha product,wrekonize and one more person.

7. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Who is Karmin?

8. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    > all other rap

9. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    He raps about how to google.

10. Newb

Newb Active Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Song 60 second assassins
    Artists : tech nine, twista, lazy bone, and another artists

You will thank me later

11. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Indeed, not what I was asking, but thanks for mentioning Beastie Boys! I might try to get into them again :)

Not a huge fan of their style, but they are fun and catchy! Sometimes that's all you need :D

Nice! That was a great song! :D Any more like that?

Also very nice! Thank you for this. That's what I'm talking about :D

Unfortunately I am wondering if "Worldwide Choppers" is all those rappers at the absolute top of their game... I have listened to some individual songs from Yelawolf, Twista, Busta Rhymes, D-Loc... and I seriously don't like it at all. Twista seems to be stuck in the mindset that he needs to have R&B mixed with his crazy fast raps, Yelawolf feels like a cheap wannabe gangster rapper that is trying to get big in the wrong era, Busta Rhymes isn't as impressive as I thought, and D-Loc... well I don't remember what I thought of D-Loc.

:(

Maybe I'm looking for the wrong stuff. Is there any "chopper" kind of stuff that is pure chopper? No fluff? I'm fine with slower rapping as long as it's profound, but the above artists I checked out on my own are just not what I'm looking for at all.

12. Newb

Newb Active Member

Jul 25, 2013
    What exactly are you asking for. Are you wanting rap song with fast beat and fast rapping to it? I can give u a list a mile long and not just from the above.

13. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Pretty much. I thought there was a style called "chopper"? Where they go normal speed, then fast, then slow, then normal... or something like that. Erratic speeds, but always sounding great.

Basically, any songs that are similar in chorus/melody/rapping style/featured artists, as "Worldwide Choppers."

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I'm prescribing a heavy dose of metal to all of you.

15. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    No thanks. I have a good handle on Metal; I just need to be in the right mood.

And... this thread was designed to be about rap. So get your commie views out! :p

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I like rap.

Some rap.

Like, two or three songs.

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This. Lol.

I hate most modern rap except a few of Eminem's songs.

I mostly like older stuff like wu tang, or other current underground artists.

18. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Eminem and Beastie Boys.

And The Lonely Island.

19. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Such a Stan. -shakes head-

20. Kj and midian were sharing their music with me recently, and I have to say I was impressed, I pretty much liked all of their music.