Digital A/V Adapter and Video Gaming

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TJF588, Dec 28, 2013.

1. #1 TJF588, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    So, I'm saddled with a $50 Best Buy gift card, and while it kills me (kills me) to drop $40 (plus tax!) on a dongle, there's a lot o' gaming that I want to show off to my folks, but not on the iPod Touch 4th Gen's small screen.

So, I'm looking at this "beaut", model number MD098ZM/A. How well does it work for displaying gameplay from an iPod Touch 4th Gen? Are there any, and if so how many, game apps which just don't work with it? How does it handle vertical/portrait orientation?

My bag lately's been the Phoenix Wright Trilogy, though if this goes through, I'll prolly sink on some more Final Fantasy ports/versions, all of which I'd love to have spectators for who don't have to squint over my shoulder.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

3. Read a few pages in, and I'm hopeful! I'll be sure to post here with my impressions whenever I can head out to our BB.

4. There is reason for that thread's focus on iPads. From the dongle's small text: "Mirroring supported by iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), and iPhone 4S." Sound goes through to the TV, but all I've been able to display's been photo slideshows and videos. So, back to Best Buy I'll need to go, unless I can convince a slew of companies to add A/V out support.