iPhone Ikaro Racing HD : Air Master

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oxyman1974, Feb 13, 2012.

1. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    My feedback to the game after snapping up a promo code!

This game had been on my "wish list" as the graphics was simple and uncluttered. Having played this on a 4S and ipad2, the larger screen of the ipad was much easier to play as you could see the next marker points. But then again, my fat fingers on any game on the iPhone doesn't help!! :)

The game itself is an arcade style and the controls for this are accurate without being "twitchy" or too sensitive (the sensitivity can be adjusted). The style of controls can be adjusted between gyro/accelerometer, joystick or mouse style. I preferred the joystick since it avoids hitting people sitting next to me on the train to work! The mouse style control was strange - I suspect this is to accommodate people who played flying games on the PC.

Races are straight forward and the markers easy to locate (easier on an ipad!) and the racing arrows/lines helpful. It only gets tricker in the later races without being frustrating. This game reminds me of the PS2 game "Sky Odyssey" (released in 2000) where reaching a goal without crashing into obstacles was the objective of the game.

A few cosmetic suggestions for the game.
    1. This is just being picky - the speed of the craft is in mph. During a race, you won't notice this one.
    2. Allow more options to change placement of the throttle and brake buttons. Perhaps reversing the locations (throttle on the bottom left, brake on top left) or placing buttons at the bottom left of the screen next to each other.

Is the game worth the asking price? Definitely so!
    Rating 4.5 / 5

2. oxyman1974

oxyman1974 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Marketing & Communications
    Italy, Bologna
    Nice Yorrick... I will personally tack care of bringing your suggestions to our development team . Cheers

3. Darth Elevator

Darth Elevator Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Just left a 5-star rating in the app store. This is a fantastic game.

4. oxyman1974

Oct 13, 2011
    Italy, Bologna
    Thanks to all

Leave a request message here for promocodes and we will get them for you
    :)

5. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Ya, great job, Oxyman!

It's the little things I appreciate when a game like this "oozes" sleek and contemporary from the company logo to the UI, music and visuals.

I'm a whore for accelerometer controlled iOS games (see sig) .... And this is by far one of the best...

My only request is could we please get a "custom race" mode vs the AI -similar to the time trial mode- where we can setup number of opponents, track, time of day, weather, difficulty, etc??

Thanks for your involvement...

6. Darth Elevator

Darth Elevator Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Am I just too dumb to find where to access this in the menus or is it a feature I have yet to unlock? Anyone know?

BTW, I really like the race replay feature. Especially for those close races where you come from behind to pull out a last-second win. This feature is an example of one of many thoughtful touches the developers put into this sweet game.

7. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    I would love to try this out and review it for you. This looks so awesome in the video!

8. nikola2

nikola2 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I want to try,too. Thanks.

9. oxyman1974

Oct 13, 2011
    Italy, Bologna
    ASAP we will get you the promos . :)

10. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Would love a promo code for the game! Am willing to review it for you :)

11. oxyman1974

Oct 13, 2011
    Italy, Bologna
  12. oxyman1974

Oct 13, 2011
    Italy, Bologna
    Code for ikaro racing hd : Air master

Just got back this code for Ikaro Racing HD : Air Master
    and so I post it here for whom want to play the game and give a honest review.
    69HMKK4MMMKX

13. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Gone. :(

14. oxyman1974

Oct 13, 2011
    Italy, Bologna
    NuOxygen Planning an update

An update for the Ikaro Racing HD : Air Master is planned for the end of March.
    The free+unlock full version of Ikaro Racing HD : will soon will available for the cloud.

15. oxyman1974

Oct 13, 2011
    Italy, Bologna
  16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    It's kinda sad that these games are free right now because they have not received attention that they deserve just like Squarefaces,Respite.