double buy?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ipod_david, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Hey there,

it was a cool thing that apple wont allow you to double buy an app which you already purchased, or got for free. So I often deleted them, had the app in my appshopperlist and if a good update came along I loaded it again.
    Now I read somewhere that apple has put this away and you can actually now do double buy and double pay apps you purchased or downloaded already. Is that true for the US store also? I read an article for the German Appstore. Thanks for insights, mates!

2. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    i don't think apple will do this.

btw u can keep your apps in your computer with itunes and than put them back in your iphone again if u want to play it. doesn't need to downloading it again.

3. kralle777

kralle777 Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Germany
    It is possible to download an app for free if you already bought it.
    But the same thing isn't possible with movies and music.

4. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    I dont sync all the time (takes too long for my taste), but I use my appshopper-my-apps-list alot (for the update notif.)
    so this news was a kind of rumor with no sbustance. Good. Thanks for clarification, guys!

5. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah, I haven't had any problems with it. I really wish that they let you re-download music and videos though, I think that would help a lot of people, cause stuff (especially videos) takes up a lot of space on your computer.

6. ipod_david

May 3, 2010