What I'm playing vs What I want to play

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by OrangutanKungfu, Jul 12, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    OK, here the games I'm probably playing the most right now:

Sky Force Reloaded, 868-HACK, Downwell (just restarted). All great games, but...

Here are the games I've started and want to play, but don't because I feel I need at least an hour of free time ahead of me to really enjoy them:

MHFU, FFIX, White Day, Planar Conquest.

Anyone else have this problem? I want to play those beasts, but end up firing up too many casual games like Heroes of Loot 2 or PKTBALL...

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Yeah, real life gets in the way :) At present I play mostly IF which takes only a few minutes or seconds - Stranded, Choices, Tokyo 13, Xezi; plus a couple of arcaders - Iconic and Infinite Canyon. Bigger stuff is on the back burner.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What i'm playing:
    MHFU - since this got back, i couldnt stop playing.

What i want to play:
    Teeny Titans - i still want to level up a lot of the characters
    Titan Quest - im still just in the middle of the second difficulty. I want to finish all difficulties with at least one character.
    Sky Force Reloaded - This was the one i was playing the most until Teeny Titans came out. Still need to finish the insane difficulty of the last added stage.
    Power Hover - Really want to play the new stuff added on the last content update.
    FF7 - Want to farm Gelnika to max stats, but all these other games pull me off it.

Basically, and unsurprisingly, MHFU just took me off the other games again. Any freetime im not on the ipad, im tinkering gunpla.

4. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Ha, forgot about Teeny Titans! Yep, another on the "want to play" list.

First world problems...

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    #5 Dankrio, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    I feel you and suffer from the same kind of problem. First world (not quite, since I am from Brazil lol) problems and adult life coming on the way.

Another problem, besides time, is that if the game is too complex and steep I tend to avoid it, because I think this kind of "stress" would be better applied on work/study.

I have a huge backlog on time consuming and complex games, and, to be honest, I don't know if I am gonna be able to tackle them sometime later. And people complain about lack of games. lol

I play at the moment something from Tennis Champs Returns, Punch Quest, Alto's Adventure, Goblin Sword, Ulterior, Choices: and the sun went down, Blackmoor, Only One, Minimal Maze, Kami, Crossy Road. All things that I could pick up and play for a minute or two.

I would love to play: Baldur's Gate, King of The Dragon Pass, MHFU, Ghost Trick, Year Walk, all FF's, All Dragon Quests, Whiteday, Galactic Keep, Banner Saga, Implosion, Space Marshalls, Rusty Lake saga, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Machinarium and many others.

I love story and atmosphere, but those kind of games are better suited for Ipad, save for some. And when I am at home, I have other things to do. :(

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Right now I'm playing Teeny Titans and have just finished Warbits.

Games I've got on my devices and want to find time to play are:
    Hitman Sniper
    Space Martials
    Mekorama
    Halo: Spartan Strike
    Pacific Skies
    Deus Ex: The Fall
    Aralon: Sword and Shadow
    Brothers
    Evoland
    Crowntakers
    Don't Starve
    Lara Croft Go
    Goo Saga

and many more

7. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I love how international this forum is! Ghost Trick - what a game that is. Pretty sure you can handle that in bite-size sections. Unlike Baldurs Gate - which I haven't started yet either.

8. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #8 atchoo, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    I'm playing Tennis Champs Returns and Stickman Soccer 2016, but I'd like to play (or replay) more:
    - 868-HACK
    - Crypt Of The Necrodancer
    - Geometry Wars 3
    - Pixel Cup Soccer 16
    - Reckless Racing 3
    - Rush Rally 2
    - Tiki Taka World Soccer
    - many CAVE games (vertical ones)
    - many SNK games (Blazing Star, Garou, Metal Slug(s), Neo Turf Masters).
    And waiting for Assoluto Racing MFi support.

I deleted many games from my phone because seeing but not playing them was making me cry a lot. :D

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I want to play a remake or new game made by any dev. of the game Polarium from Nintendo DS, you needed to flip black and white tiles to one color black or white, loved that game.

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It is great to see people around the world and our love of gaming bringing us together.

Also, good to hear that Ghost Trick can be played "bite-sized". I thought it was something more along Phoenix Wright line in which you have a better experience sitting some time while playing.

I am going to try and adapt to smaller screen, since it is more convenient to play anywhere and do even "heavy gaming" on iphone screen instead of ipad, since I can't seem to make room to playing at home as often as I wish to.

If all goes well, maybe I am going to even change for an iphone 6+. I thought the 6 would be too big to fit on my pocket, but I haven't had any problem. Time for the next step. lol

By the way, do you guys play mostly on iphone or ipad? The bigger screen is awesome, but nothing beats carrying my gaming device all the time, I think.

11. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Definitely play more on the phone - because I always have it with me. Even sitting at home, I'm more likely to pull the phone from my pocket in an ad break than walk across the room to pick up the iPad mini. That's part of the reason why I'm probably playing more of the quickfire, casual games.

Planar Conquest and White Day I've decided I'll only play on the iPad, but I actually prefer FFIX on the phone, as with all Square Enix games. Those blurry backgrounds are less jarring on a small screen.