New SDK for iPhone games: I need inputs!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by YusukeDeNAGlobal, Sep 3, 2009.

1. YusukeDeNAGlobal

YusukeDeNAGlobal New Member

Sep 3, 2009
    SVP of Marketing and Product at DeNA Global (yusuk
    DeNA Global, the U.S. subsidiary of DeNA Co., Ltd., Japan’s most successful mobile internet company which owns and operates Mobage (Mobile Game) Town, the world’s largest, fastest growing, mobile SNS, is now developing new SDK for iPhone games.

You can watch a demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMdvbczaBtY

This SDK will enable you to give many attractive functions to your games without any costs as well as to share revenues from user's avatar purchase with us (we are now planning to pay 10% of revenues from avatar purchase to game developers!)

In your opinion, what other functions should be added to make the product more attractive??? Any inputs are helpful to us:)

2. fwish

fwish Well-Known Member

is this something like scoreloop?

3. YusukeDeNAGlobal

Sep 3, 2009
    Yes, but a big difference between Scoreloop and our SDK (Moba) is that users use or buy MobaGold for more than 2000 avatar items and game developers can get 10% of revenue from the avatar purchase. And we cover English, German, French, Chinese and Japanese. I believe this is a huge advantage of us, but I might be biased, so I want to hear honest opinions from all of you!

4. yarri

yarri Well-Known Member

So you're offering to pay us a commission if we help you sell an "avatar" right? Assuming user see value in these avatars, I have two questions:

1. How much do users in Japan pay for avatars? Do you have per month or per game data you can share?

2. How does this help app developers improve the sales or ranking of their games on the App Store?

--yarri

5. YusukeDeNAGlobal

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi yarri,

Thank you for your questions. Here is my answer.

1. How much do users in Japan pay for avatars? Do you have per month or per game data you can share?

In Japan, users pay $ 0.90-1.00 every month on average (Monthly login UU). And Yes, if users from your game buy avatars of $ 0.99, we pay $0.10 to you as a commission.

And through our trials with some games, we found that conversion rate from games to sign-up on our SDK platform is about 10%. So, if 1M users play your game, it seems possible to get 1M * 10% * $1.00 * 10% = $ 10,000 every month though this is back-of-the-envelope calculation.

2. How does this help app developers improve the sales or ranking of their games on the App Store?

We have Game List that shows all games embedding our SDK platform. And in order to motivate users to buy another game that has our SDK platform, we have "Title" system. "Title" is based on total scores of achievement points of each game. Because each game can have 1000 pts at maximum, in order to get better title, users have to play several games connected to our SDK platform.

6. YusukeDeNAGlobal

Sep 3, 2009
    Oops, I forgot to mention one more thing. Of course, free games can get the avatar revenue, too!