iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    There is a prostitute in the city that can improve your persuade skill.

2. Sylon/Redshift

Sylon/Redshift Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Flip, you should enchant an item (or items) with some bonus Persuade skill, if you want to raise it fastly. Get/buy something (weapon, armor, ring, necklace etc.) which you can enchant and then get some money to do it at a magic shop.
    That should help. You need a higher persuade skill around Vastares for completing some of the quests there.

Edit: BadSanta's idea is great too! : )

3. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    Thanks guys!!
    Will try that out.
    Sooner or later I would have had to raise it...because of the quest with the agent recruiter...
    And I guess I only can find the chest after I identified the killer right?

4. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    Yep, that's right.

BTW, most of the time you don't need a high persuade skill for the quests because they have multiple ways to solve them. F.e. that agent recruiter quest has other ways too, one of them needs no skill, just money. (But of course if you already made a choice there...)

5. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    Yeah I chose to bring him the girl...;)

Mh well but I need to persuade the jeweler-woman right!? There is no other way for that as greenhornet already mentioned!?

6. Sylon/Redshift

Feb 21, 2009
    Yes, this chest-quest is among the few quests which definitely needs persuade to solve them.
    Also if you'll have *even more* persuade skill you'll have even more choices during this quest. This is one of the game's most complex quests which has at least a dozen ways to complete. : )

7. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    Holy sh**...sounds like I have to play the game a few times more...;D
    BTW: I LOVE IT ;)

8. dpeace

dpeace Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Just wanted to say that this was far and away my favourite game on the PocketPC platform; I bought Legacy, Quest and all the expansions. In fact, the game was the only reason I regretted leaving PPC as a platform.

I think that the iPhone version is the best implementation I have seen, particularly with the new ability to speed up the animations and (crucially) walking speed.

The Quest expansion would be brilliant (assuming there's a way to preserve the original maps), and I really hope sales permit conversion of Legacy & the expansions too.

I wonder if there might be a way to reduce battery drain, though; I'm having to stay nearer a charger than I'd like for protracted bouts.

A new Quest expansion would be absolutely fantastic. I've spent hundreds of hours with these games, and haven't regretted one of them (apart from some of the more outrageous puzzles towards the end of Legacy :))

Darren
    Hungerford, UK

9. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    i still need help finding the church near vastares...it says to go southwest from the cemetery but all i run into is dwarves and a huge mountain thing.

10. BadSanta

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    http://www.mastech.de/quest/hintlist/map.pdf

11. dpeace

dpeace Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Keep going along the path. If you're at a low level, you'll be better off reaching it via the west coast rather than the path. But that's the monastery; the church is due East of the cemetery.

12. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Thanks! I keep getting killed by those dwarves :p

13. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    whats so fun about it?

i tryed the lite and controls are impossible to do stuff with

14. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I just tried the light version and I'm really impressed. The game seems much deeper than I thought.

I had to flip a coin(not really) to decide between this and Hill Billy. The Quest lost. I'll definitely buy it later, though.

15. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    thanks santa and dpeace...i had no idea it was so far away!

16. Raging_Llama

Raging_Llama New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    only one problem with the amazon thing is that when I enter the cave again, they're all green. like my character spent the night with the amazon queen way back but now theres a slight problem in the fact that

Here's a quote from the queen: " Greetings, brave hero. Be welcomed to my empire. What would such an adventurer as you want here?"

and the only option is goodbye which makes me angry

Thanks for the tip for the advanced storeroom!

And one last thing, i found the pagoda and the orc on the bridge, but i cant find his idol. Anyone have any idea where it is or how to get it?

- Llama

P.S. I'm also creating a forum for "The Quest" on freewebs. It's currently in development but the link will be in my sig soon.

17. BadSanta

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    When you choice to sleep with her,you choice to not attack 'em so you can't complete the mission.
    Search in the river,the idol is under a plant.

18. Raging_Llama

Raging_Llama New Member

Mar 30, 2009
    yeah but i could attack them afterwards for like 1 day than they went green again. And there have been other people that have done that and been able to kill them.

Thanks for the tip bro about the orc at the pagoda.

- Llama

19. BadSanta

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Umh maybe I'm wrong,check here http://www.pdaground.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40
    GG

20. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    So, how much Persuade would I need to get the choice of all options? Is 34 enough or should I enchant an item to get it to 40? I am really curious about the possibilities.

And a couple of other questions:

Is there any benefit to keeping a crime level in Vatras? The way I aquired it seems to suggest that there is more going on... OTOH, evading the guards is super-annoying, so I'd prefer to have a solid reason for not clearing the fine.

Is Sohea's mortar better than apprentice's mortar?

Where can I buy Heavy Armor skill for money? The manual says that the smiths ought to offer it, but all they had were Repair and Dual-Wield. I'd also like to buy some Heavy Weapons skill from somebody... TIA.