Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What has iOS 7.1 got to do with less cheaters in A8? I've just set to download iOS 7.1 for my iPhone 4S. It says "better performance on iPhone 4". Let's hope this applies to the 4S too...

2. Turbo 343

Turbo 343 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    #3062 Turbo 343, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Main thing will be that it will break the current jailbreak that the hackers are using. Now they will need to update them selves... which they will prolly not do....and Asphalt 8 needs to update them selves to take advantage of this. It will still take time to be in place all around but a step in the right direction for sure.

Edit: Main reason they state that for the 4... is that 7 on the 4 sucks big time. Bad enough it got me to leave the iPhone format after a life time of being an apple user. Should be better for all devices.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm around 1:11 halfway upgraded no boosts. If I were to use a boost, can I earn more or is it IAP only?

4. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    If you boost then you should be able to get at least one more trophy by getting your lap time inside 1.09.... They are
    all upgrades...1 and 1 and 2.... I do not know if you would be able to get into the 1000 with out being maxed though and boosted.

Hope that helps you at all :)

5. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Dear Asphalt 8,

You have been good to me but it is time to say goodbye. I have finally obtained all your achievements and can probably race all your tracks blindfolded. It's been great but I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time with a younger version of you when the time comes. Also, you're getting kinda fat.

6. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    So sad... you will be missed young SkyWalker:cool:

7. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    I cannot be of much help her bud just so you know that I am not ignoring your request. I tried this a few times and found for me it just too hard to find a combo that I liked. But I only tried it at the time in "A" class ranks.... I could not find a car that stood out that much above anything else when I ran the ghosts side by side.

Good luck though man:cool:

8. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Poker Player
    Boynton Beach, FL
    How upgraded should I get the Veneno to break 1:09 on Barcelona? I'm coming in at 1:14 without nitro/tuning and first level upgrades, but I'm also not sure I have the ideal line after the water jumps. I currently cut the curve sharp to drop into the lower street and then pop back up on the first ramp to the upper right street to pick up the yellow nitro. From there, I hang to the right and then veer to the middle to pick up the blue and yellow before dropping to the lower street again to get the yellow on the left.

9. scrotally

Apr 21, 2013
    Thanks Turbo, I'll still check in on the thread and see what's going on I just don't have enough room at my Pad anymore.

10. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    Got it man... I hear ya... Glad you will be checking in time to time :D

11. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    To break 1.09... I would think you need to be fairly close to maxed. Due to the fact that it is not that best car for the job if you know what I mean:cool:

You have the right line falling in the trench (I call it) but stay down and collect all the blues on the left use all the pillars in the middle of the tunnel and stay tight and clean to the stripe. If you have the right stuff you do not need the yellow bottle right before the finish line

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, now I have iOS 7.1 om my 4S and it rocks! No more slowdowns with Asphalt 8, no more reboots every single time I want to play. It seems they removed fancy animations and other silly things from memory (no more zoom in effect when you double click the home button to show tasks, for example), and it performs much, much better. I was finally able to race without a single slowdown/hiccup with an S-class car!

I'm still missing 36 stars for total game completion. I just bought the Mercedes S-class, which opened me two new events. I'll leave them for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow for easy double-coin races :D

13. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    Very Nice good to know :)

14. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Poker Player
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Would I be better off going with the Elemento? I've got both at roughly the same level. Kind of don't want to blow credits on upgrades since I still have to buy the Koenigsegg and RUF 12 to complete single player.

15. Running Bird

Running Bird Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2013
    But...but...I haven't even raced all of your ghosts yet!? Oh well, at least you won't degrade me further once I manage to beat you by 0.001 second. :D

16. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Dan't Ponic [ModProof] Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I think Asphalt 8 still be the best iOS option.

Try Ridgediculous Racer: Slipstream :)

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me too! I bought it for $1 when it was released, along with C and D car packs. Uninstalled after playing, and installed again in January, bought the B car pack and played to death until now :D It's one of the best racers on iOS, and I guess GL still makes money from it so it supports it a lot :)

18. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA

It will depend on your stats at your current upgrade levels I would have to guess yes. But the top speed at your levels amy make a difference. But both maxed the Sesto is the car for that race.... I hope that helps.

19. scrotally

Apr 21, 2013
    Do it! Btw, how are you still playing? I had clocked almost 5 days of gameplay. How many hours do you have?....come on let it out.

20. Turbo 343

Feb 11, 2014
    USA
    Hah....Is that all....:rolleyes:

I am at 6.5 days currently...maybe that is sad huh:cool: