iPhone Stalag 17 Game (by Silver Apps)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 20, 2014.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    1) Tough to say. An escape plan is just some random objects and a numerical value. Whether it's 2 maps or a uniform and a food ration makes no difference beyond simply the symbols you need to match. After each successful escape more dice are added to the future plans.

2) You can choose to play against 1-4 opponents, AI or human. The AI difficulty is set universally for the game so once you choose Beginner, Advanced, or Expert, all AIs will be at that difficulty.

3) The cards are all very basic pictograms, no tricky text to worry about and the instructions are very easy to pull up in-game if you forget about any of the other special cards covered in the tutorial.

Worth noting, the game doesn't appear to save your state in games vs. AI when you exit thus I doubt it supports async play.

2. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Le Havre, Eclipse and Ghost Stories are IMHO the 3 best board games (on ios). But you really have to put some effort into it!

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I will (almost) buy anything that LordGek recommends. :p

I heard that MP is broken. Care to comment?

Off-topic: worker placement game is not really my area, but I enjoy Stone Age and LotWD very much.

All Catan needs is a proper async MP (like War of the Roses does)

4. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    i don't play multiplayer and i haven't had much time to play beyond the tutorial (and let me add it's one of the best tutorials i've seen) but what surprises me is even though it's still in the top 100 board games on iTunes (sadly it's falling rather than gaining) there's not one review! that and this mysterious developer/sudden release/no website stuff has me wondering if there will be future support for this. it would be nice as there are expansion card sets.

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It's probably one of those "wait and see how well it sells" things. Although, the chance of it doing well enough to fund further work on it are a lot lower with no developer presence to promote it.

6. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    one mystery solved. the App Support button on iTunes now takes you to a (minimal) website.

7. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    well, someone's out there as it just got an iOS 8 update. i still play this game quite a bit and now have a glimmer of hope for additional content. i doubt it will happen but man, you gotta have hope!

8. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #28 Mack the Knife, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    since i'm the only one cheering this game on, i'll continue to do so. there was yet another update for this game so maybe the developer is alive and reading this forum :D if so, please (please!) consider adding Stalag 18 (the expansion) as an IAP.
    [​IMG]

and maybe consider making the larger human player dog tags look a little more like this:
    [​IMG]

and add just a little color to the smaller, AI dog tags. thanks! and feel free to respond! :cool:

9. CaCh

CaCh New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Thanks Mythbuster! I really appreciate the review and REALLLY appreciate hearing that you think the tutorial and rule book are good. Feels like the hard work I put into it paid off. :)

10. CaCh

CaCh New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Hey LordGek, thanks for providing such in depth answers while I was MIA. :p I'm glad you enjoy the game and appreciate your good review.

You are correct in saying it does not support async play but I do hope to include that feature in a future update.

11. CaCh

CaCh New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Hi Curry Mutton. You had heard correct, but we have since pushed out a fix! Please do give it a try.

12. CaCh

CaCh New Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Hey Mack. Really appreciating you cheering this game on! I'm seeing all your posts on Boardgamegeek and here (and maybe I'll see it on other forums too). You've been giving some great feedback, and yes I am listening (reading) despite it being a couple months late. :p

An expansion isn't something currently in the works, but I will definitely keep it in mind.

13. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    What is "Phantom Leader "? I don't see it on the App Store.

14. ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady Member

Jun 4, 2013
    http://phantomleaderapp.com/
    IPad only. Don't know anything about it though.

Played through the tutorial of Stalag and it is pretty cool.

15. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Just went free.

16. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Hello developer.

Yes, can you please add stalag 18 as an expansion IAP ? It would be great. I love your game and I like very much ios board games.
    Thank you very much !!