Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I feel honored, but I'm not. Yes, this has been discussed many times, but Foursaken will probably make their own decision on this topic.
    The only reason the developers didn't put a Platypus in the game from the start.

He'll stop asking about Platypuses because he's banned.

Without a doubt, you need more high damage weapons. It seems like you only have three abilities; you should pick up Stampede, Gauntlet, Executioner, Poison Cloud, and anything else with high damage that you've unlocked. Also, upgrade your Sniper towers, as they'll be more useful in higher waves. Upgrading two Machine Gun turrets is a waste of money. This is really clear cut- just do this, and you'll make it much higher easily.

So you would have two options, either start from the beginning with nothing purchased, or start from where you left off, but not be able to post on the leaderboards. This is probably the best implementation I've heard; but again, it all comes down to what the developers think. If they don't like it, no amount of persuasion is going to do anything.

2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I found a bug where you cant access your saved games and the game crashes. the only thing i can do until the update is play colisseum. (Insert comment about finding bugs in a game about bugs) When is the update coming out?

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    It will be submitted tonight. Give Foursaken Media your crash logs, or they won't be able to fix the crash! (assuming the update isn't going to fix your crash)

4. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We've submitted the update today! What device are you running Arashi?

This update should fix almost all known issues... we've been working 24/7 the past 3 days to make sure everything is smooth after this update... then we can focus on new content, gamecenter, etc :)

@ K?! -- I don't know... fully upgraded MG turrets pretty much own. MG turrets are also probably the best turret to use in combination with Better Base Guns. I would also make sure to have a Zapper turret in there somewhere... they can be a lifesaver.

5. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I noticed that bug too. It saves your game when you die, so when you try to load it the game crashes. But if you start a new game it'll ask you if you want to overwrite the old data, and if you say yes, you'll still have all the stuff unlocked.

As for the checkpoint issue, I think having the option would be nice, but it might kill some of the replayability. Unless your really crazy about high scores, what reason would you have to start from the beginning?

6. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    If you enjoy the game more when you repeatedly start from the beginning, then isn't that enough of a reason to play that way? Are you saying that you need the game to force you to do what you wish you would do but don't have the self-discipline to stick to?

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

24/7? You mean 24/3! ;)

I think it would be kind of cool if you could buy walls that are built arround the stash wich the enemys then try to tear down to get at the food. Then one could upgrade and repair those and.... oh well. I gues there would have to be alot of rebalancing of the game if that gets added... :eek:

9. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I really like that idea.

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

11. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
  12. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
  13. TooTinyMan

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
  14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

K, here is the change log for this update...

- fixed slowdown at the end of rounds related to auto-saving on high gen devices
    - fixed analog sticks freezing/getting stuck sometimes at the end of rounds
    - fixed a bug where the game would break and crash after extended periods of play (the notorious files-stop-opening bug, disappearing-icons bug, sounds-stop-playing bug, etc)
    - fixed a crash when trying to use spider with 2nd visual armor upgrade on low graphics
    - fixed a freeze bug with screen tap equipments
    - fixed an issue with the vibrate toggle in options
    - can no longer get stuck in the salt and pepper shakers in kitchen
    - reduced difficulty of office and yard
    - favorite character is based on play time with character, not XP
    - made the torch fly appear slightly earlier to prevent short periods of pure darkness
    - slightly increased auto aim range
    - increased text resolution in retina display enabled devices

The next update will have new equipment for each hero and Game Center support ;)

Also congrats to whoever is owning the leaderboards (Jason)! -- guy reached Round 34 (85k points) in normal on Kitchen :eek:

15. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the quick update! Since you're teasing about the next timeframe care to wet our appetite with an estimated timeframe?

16. TooTinyMan

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    #296 TooTinyMan, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    Not that it's actually crashed on me yet...
    Also, is the update submitted yet? It says on iTunes that there are no updates available.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I always hate admitting when I was stupid but...I didnt realize I had 5 turrets unlocked, I only saw the 2.

A scroll arrow on the bottom of the turret selection would really be good.

So what is the best turret combo for kitchen?

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    #298 K?!, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    This goes for any app that crashes and has active devs. If it doesn't crash back to Springboard, it won't make a crash log, so other bugs that aren't crashes can't be fixed. Still, it can be borderline impossible to isolate crashes without logs.

ArtNJ: I am a fan of two Snipers, one Stun tower, and one MG/magnifier.

They have four abilites and one turret. I would estimate 1/2 months.

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We have not finalized what will be in the next update. It will likely include 1 new piece of equipment per hero + gamecenter. I'll post more information on a release date when we are closer to finishing ;) At this time we have no idea when that will be.

20. TooTinyMan

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    1/2 a month or was that a typo and u meant 1 1/2 months?