Just finished my Gameplay Launch Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hungrylizards, May 8, 2013.

1. hungrylizards

hungrylizards Active Member

2. One Side Software

One Side Software Active Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    Can you control the jump height?

3. hungrylizards

hungrylizards Active Member

Nope.

I actually struggled with this idea very early on. I even prototyped it, but it didn't provide the fast pace/careful timing that I wanted in the game play.

The mechanics are this; You tap once to jump and once to stick out your tongue. While in the air you can stick out your tongue as much as you'd like. You also get a forward and back position on either the left or right platform, which plays into strategy. Another piece of strategy comes in when you have to decide whether to jump and catch a bug from the front or wait until it passes and get it from behind. There are a number of other small things that will help you succeed, but I don't want to spoil too much!

That was a great question.

4. Pixelized

Pixelized Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Looks cool, not sure if I'd buy it though. Seems like it could get very boring quickly, and become super repetitive.

I was checking out the website, and noticed it says 9 out of 10 for many popular review sites, even though they didn't review your app. Some don't even use a 10-point review system. Are these place holders? If so, I'd put "not yet reviewed" instead of claiming false reviews.