iPad Wings Of Valor (By idea spoon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, May 5, 2012.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i've played the original Wings of Fury on the Amiga for months, back in the days... so, i can tell thanks to the devs for an incredible and perfect remake of it!
    i'm on 15th day, and counting...

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    @VirtualBoyFreak:

To do a loop, keep holding either up or down on the joystick.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #23 VirtualBoyFreak, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    Thanks! Will try it just now :) EDIT Perfect, thanks! Now I know how to do loops up & down. Once you get the controls, they're perfect. No complaint on those :) Great game! Simple & addictive.

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Just for the record, it's possible to do an Immelman as well: just release the joystick from "up" half way through the loop, (you'll now be upside down) and push it in the direction you're flying to flip yourself over the right way up.

5. Apophis17

Apophis17 Member

May 5, 2012
    Have a question, I have my iPod for only a few days I have therefore no idea how long it usually leaves an update coming.
    Have you so ne idea how long that might take about the regular case?

6. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    It depends on whoever makes the game and how easily the bug is fixed. It varies quite a lot.

7. Apophis17

Apophis17 Member

May 5, 2012
    Well to the error I can not say anything as difficult or easy it is to fix what strikes me a little of the developer has brought the game to the next only two other apps out there now would be a big group like EA would be well to 100% sure that even a patch comes with so small developers but it is my experience after several times so they would not release any patches what a shame! Zumals $ 1.99 or 1.59 € and are not a little defenetiv after disclosures of the developer wants the iPod Touch is supported, the game just absolutely have basic retro ^ ^

8. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Wings of Fury exists for the Apple II and the Amiga. I have them both. The Apple II version is actually more playable due to its analog joystick (vs. digital on the Amiga).

bp

9. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Perhaps I'm being especially dense but I can't even get the plane into the air! I just roll off the carrier and immediately crash into the sea, regardless of joystick position.

Can anyone give a pointer or two regarding how to get airborne?

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Turn the engine on ;) It's the button beside the "wheel up/down" button. You have to hit it several times. Remember those planes didn't get going the first time around :) Just for the record, it took me some minutes to notice why I was falling over to the sea too!

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #31 squarezero, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    I knew that the game looked familiar... Thank for the info Blake.

And for the record, I also dumped my plane into the drink a few times before I realized that I had to turn on the engine :p.

12. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Why no Universal?!?!

13. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    /facepalm

That does the trick. Cheers folks.

14. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    No fix for itouch 4g yet :'(

15. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Ok; I'm clearly not much of a pilot.
    How the hell do you land? I touch down but I don't come to a halt; I just take off again. If I pull down I explode.

16. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    really after 2 days? how dare them..

i doubt this will be fixed anytime soon anyway.. if they state that it needs alot of memory

there are a few other "tricks" you can do to lower your ipodtouches memory consumption.. for example delete apps if you have alot of them installed..
    every single app icon takes memory away.. the more you have installed on your device the more memory the os needs to have them loaded..

17. Apophis17

Apophis17 Member

May 5, 2012
    #38 Apophis17, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Unfortunately, I agree with you, I also think that it is fixed, if at all will take something else.
    That with the insufficient memory I think helps nothing because I still have 4.1GB free on the 8GB and it still does not know.

EDIT: The thing with the information if it crashes, stood before the two days here?. As far as I can't remember or I have simply overlooked this?

18. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    the amount of free space is not a real indicator how many apps you have installed.. you can fill up an 8gb device with 4-5 gameloft games easily or have hundreds of smaller 10-20mb games installed.. the number is important in such cases not the storate space they take up..

19. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    I've stopped all background apps from running but when it says "if still not working, download some free app and run it. after that, try this app again." that doesnt make a lot of sense to me. So we run a free app, that uses memory, then try their app with needs a lot of memory?

It seems strange. With my ipod i can play infinity blade 2 with a bit of a fiddle, as it doesnt launch straight away when i tap the icon. I have to quit the game, delete it running in the background and then launch it again. This game runs straight away, as in i can get to the main menu. It only crashes when i try to play the game.