The funny thing is FIFA for IOS indeed got a better graphic than vita

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klarence, Feb 22, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #1 klarence, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    During the close up shot time,take a close look at each player in the game,it's obviously FIFA 12 on psvita has significantly more ploygons.
    But when most time of gameplay, the IOS version has a better graphic——better resolution,less jaggies of shades, and you can tell more things on signboards.
    Take price for each version into account for the comparsion would make more sense, and also not forget the psvita has a much better chip and GPU. And it's optimized for gaming.
    So what's keep me wondering is ——low price for IOS app is a thing——but the most and main problem prevent IOS gaming getting better and serious is lacking a gaming controller with buttons or something like that.

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #2 dumaz1000, Feb 22, 2012
    Funny thing is, I recently started playing a little bit of Star Wars The Force Unleashed, for the PSP, which is considered a slightly above average PSP game, and it's a better game then just about anything I've played on the iOS.

Nothing on the iOS compares, graphically, to Uncharted, or especially Virtua Tennis. Wipeout too, for that matter. Most Vita games are upscaled. They aren't even displaying native Vita resolution. Once that happens, it won't even be close. But Vita optimization will take a while to achieve. FIFA for the Vita is not displaying full Vita resolution.

I still play the NDS Call of Duty games. I didn't buy the Vita for the graphics. Graphics can be nice, but other things are more important.

The Vita will produce vastly superior graphics, on average, because of the added developmental time/costs and the increased production value of Vita games. Hardware-wise, the iPad 2 could reasonably compete with the Vita. The iPad 3 would probably have the capacity to beat it. But this is a software issue, not a hardware issue. $7 games cannot compete with $30-50 games. Which is fine. You'd be unrealistic to expect them to.

FIFA for the iOS is one of the best high-end, premium-quality games available for the iOS. I don't have anything bad to say about it, other then there might not be more than a dozen iOS games capable of competing with it. And seeing EA go from that to a Freemium Simpsons game makes me sick. FIFA is the last real game that EA developed for the iOS. If only more games came out that were as good. I'm not much of a soccer fan though. Heck of an achievement for AppStore gaming though.

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #3 dumaz1000, Feb 22, 2012
    A major, consistent commitment to geniune iOS development from established dev companies is the only thing truly holding iOS gaming back from the next level. Why they refuse to commit can be argued, but I'm not really going to. The hardware is there. The software is lacking. I wish Apple would get their asses in gear and start producing optimized first-party titles. Not that I honestly believe they ever will. Tis but a pipe dream, I'm afraid.

I could easily turn the tables though. Have you seen F1 2011 for the iOS? And have you seen it for the Vita? Needless-to-say, the iOS version is a complete joke. Quality of iOS gaming runs the spectrum. There's no consistency. I can't imagine how iOS gamers who don't have access to a site like this get by. Deciphering the good from the bad by yourself would be a complete chore.

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I hardly believe this since FIFA 2012 is always a port of the PSP version. It may just look nicer on the slightly higher resolution display...

5. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Disagree Fifa on IOS is block people heaven

6. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France
    Do you guys manage to play FIFA on handhelds, whether console or iOS? Or any football game for that matter?

I can't be bothered for some reason... the experience is just too inferior to the console version. AI, graphics, screen size, multiplayer... it's like playing an arcade game vs a simulation IMO

7. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    The DS cods were fun. I was a WaW vet

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I really wonder about this myself. I'd think that people who do have access to TA and equivalent sites and buy games are a small percentage of iOS gaming market. How do the others buy their games? In my country, very, very few iOS users play games, so I haven't had a chance to observe. How about users in other markets? If they aren't on a site like this, do they ever get excited about some new upcoming game? How much do 99cents sales affect them? How much do free sales affect them?

9. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Heck, most of the people I personally know flock to free apps/games. It doesn't matter the platform.

10. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    I dont understand why people still try and compare gameing on ios to dedicated gameing systems..3ds,Vita,psp etc.. There is a reason why ios gameing will never be all that popular to the majority. The Apple brand has always been about multi media entertainment...Internet,Books,Music,Movies and then gameing. If you compared the vita ,3ds and other gameing machines to these standards they would fail... You dont go out and buy a ferrari to go get food at the store:p . Personally i bought my ipad 2 for the multi-media experiance not for the gameing...if you bought the ipad 2 for just gaming then you have wasted your money and should have bought a console instead.

11. Tim Slim

Tim Slim Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Indeed. That said though...I think there's enough quality, in a lot of the games, to make an iPad the only gaming device you use

On topic though...what was the topic again?

12. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    HAHAHAHAHA

How is this funny?

13. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Beats me... How was what funny?

14. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    that

15. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I tried the PS Vita and my local Best Buy and honestly, the graphics aren't that good. Great for mobile, but honestly some games on iOS/Android have about the same graphics. Tried Uncharted, FIFA 12, other games they were ok, defiantly things like character animation is better than iPhone, but not everything is better. For one the fire in Uncharted looked horrible.

Overall the PS Vita is just meh, I owned the original PSP and with no plans to upgrade.

16. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I own a Iphone 4S and a Vita and although a lot of iphone games look great, you are kidding yourself if you think they are on par with Vita. The new Drake game looks incredible. But this should be expected; as others mentioned, it is a dedicated gaming device.

17. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    I would love to own a psp vita, but several things are stopping me.
    1 Price, think there might be a price drop in november..hope so
    2. launch titles. Nothing I am interested in that can't wait till there are selling used ones. Plus with Sony,s history it will be 6 months before developers jump on the bandwagon.
    3. where is the video out support?
    4.Over priced memory cards...waiting for the chinese memory adapters to surface.
    5.No Ps2 downloadable games like in japan?

18. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The exact same could be said of touch gamers and those who mainly bought an iphone for gaming. Why spend nearly $300 for the 32-64 gigabyte version!? It's the portability. I bought the Vita because I love gaming and I travel a lot for work. Also, not everyone owns an iPad; to me those are way too expensive. It's actually kind of funny that you are asking who spends so much time and money on gaming in this forum. There are people here who have purchased hundreds upon hundreds of games!

19. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Feb 17, 2012
    These are all really good points. But I think the launch titles are pretty good. Rayman, Uncharted and Wipeout seem to be getting positive reviews.

20. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that what I am thinking too.
    psvita is more like another home console,but a expensive home console, not that convenient to play in the bus.