The simple hardware upgrade that would be awesome...

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by baris, Feb 23, 2011.

1. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Wouldn't it make life (or rather, programming+testing) much easier if the wireless keyboard got a sort of canal under it for the iPhone/iPad connector cable?

Sorry for complaining. I'll go back now to shuffling my keyboard and iPad to find the weird bug that's been hiding from me for the past half hour.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    a canal? why? do you put your keyboard on the connector cable?

3. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Either that, or I put the connector cable on the keyboard, because I want to be able to quickly switch between typing and testing on the iPad in front of me.

I could put the iPad to the side.. but the piles on my table have grown up and might go to college soon. Also, on some days the connector cable curls up onto my keyboard anyway, just to annoy me.

The only hope I can see for myself is if Apple upgrades its keyboards to let me put the connector cable under it :D

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    hehe sound more like you need a bigger table..

maybee an ipad dock would be helpfull so you can put it next to your keyboard in a more "monitor" style position.. should be still fine for most testing

http://store.apple.com/us/product/IPAD_DOCK?mco=MTczNzY0NDA

or you could just bump up your keybard. buy youself rubber feets and put them near the original tiny ones.. so your keyboard is a tad higher and you can put your cable under it.

at the end instead of a "canal" into the keyboard i think it would be time to be able to install build over local wifi onto the devices..