Universal Calculords (by Ninja Crime)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Greyskull, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #281 Mack the Knife, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    came to post the same thing but i'll say this instead. unless it's just another worn out, over used, now meaningless word (like awesome and addictive), myriad means "an extremely great number". how can they release a game with that many bugs, small or otherwise? :confused:

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #282 ScotDamn, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Despite what the update says, I've had little to no issue with the game. I certainly haven't had any crash issues. I guess some did though. I just find it hard to complain with such an innovative, extremely satisfying and engaging experience for zero entry fee. ;)

Edit: Basically I have no clue what those bugs were, aside from the combat save and slight delay in tapping.

3. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    no real problems here either (ipad2) 'cept the deck editor card count being swapped was a minor annoyance. i like the save feature although the game is so damn fun i end up playing to the end! one thing i read earlier but they don't mention in the update is that they were changing the total number of each card you could collect from 3 to 8. wonder why no mention? maybe it didn't get in.

4. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah the swapped card count in the deck editor was a bit sloppy. I feel the same exact way about the in-combat save feature, I rarely stop in the middle of a battle so I haven't had a problem. It's always too fun and engrossing to stop. But it's certainly a solid feature (if you could call it that) that should be in any mobile game.

I haven't heard anything about the 3 to 8 change. I guess it'll come along with the next update with MP.

5. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Agree... I actually thought all new releases had to include widescreen support? No iCloud saves is sad since I am assuming at least 25% of people own an iPhone and an iPad. I could be wrong but this is one of main advantages of universal apps!

6. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #286 Mack the Knife, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    hmm,

i posted this earlier, directly from the devs:
    "However, 8 is the max for number cards instead of 3"

BUT, i just saw this:

player question:
    "I grinded to acquire 30x "Armor Team" and now three are left."

@Calculords answer:
    "Sorry about that. Getting more than 3 of a card was a bug that got fixed. My bad for leaving that out of the notes."

so, i guess, it's back to collecting only 3 of one card BUT since no one posts here anymore i doubt anyone cares. seems typical, people play the entire game in 2 days and move on. doesn't anyone have to go to work, or school, or mow the lawn, or look at the frickin' clouds? what? everyone's in their room all day and night playing games?

7. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Counter-example: people are too busy working, playing great games, or looking at clouds to post in a weeks old thread that wasn't exceptional to begin with.

If you want to generate discussion about Calculords, perhaps insulting every person who has posted in the thread isn't the best strategy.

8. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
  9. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I beg to differ my friend. Calculords is an exceptional game. But it's also a short one. Once MP arrives, it will see another day.

10. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #290 Mack the Knife, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    he's just cranky cuz he's been in his room all day. :D

(oh no, i'm going to get scolded again)

11. xvzinjvx

xvzinjvx Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Why don't you add to the conversation and give something to talk/discuss about? You know, be part of the solution?

I already have 3 of every card and almost every "Achievement" for Hate Bit except for Surgeon and Under Siege. I do find it strange that the cards that took me the longest to get were all "Commons".

When/if there ever is MP and I can compare other peoples strategies, what else is there for me to talk about?

12. Mack the Knife

Jun 21, 2012
    #292 Mack the Knife, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    geez, initially they said you would be able to collect 8 of each card then, with the update, it was back to 3. the 'more than 3' bug was a hot topic once thus i was offering pertinent information so don't lecture me about contributing. but, you have a point. with guys like you and CzechMommy the only ones left to talk to, it ain't worth my time.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I jus received confirmation from the developer that Calculords multiplayer will be asynchronous. Perhaps this was a given, given the potential length of a single turn in the game, but it is still nice to see it corroborated by the developer himself :)

Waiting on confirmation on a query as to whether multiplayer will have any form of progression (either shared with single player, or a separate system), with card collection and deck building, or just one-off matches with preconstructed decks. Hopefully, the former, but with premade/even/balanced decks as an option for competitive play (with separate leaderboards, rankings, etc).

(With a progression system extensive and inspiring enough, we might finally have a TCG with online play and persistant progression to fill the void left behind by Recollection. Also, it would be the first TCG to offer async play (since Cabals never delivered on that promise), which is an enormous advantage for those of us who can't find the time for extensive online sessions.)

14. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Any news on multiplayer yet ???

15. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    New expansion is out. Will hold me over till the second one comes out sometime next year I hope.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Man what a blast from the past! Haven't looked at this game in so long. So cool they're still working on it. Such a love/hate game for me. Loved it because it's an awesome spin on strategy, but then hated it because it's maths, but then loved it again just because again it's so different.

Edit: not such a fan of that icon though. The old one was classic and deserves to stay on this classic game.

17. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah not a fan on the icon either. I'm actually surprised to see anything for this game anymore to be honest.

18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Just discovered something so I thought I’d share. This game is not on the AppStore anymore, but if you still have it in your purchase history you can now ‘buy’ all of the dlc for free. All dlc prices are clearly $0.00 in the AppStore, but inside the game the dlc looks like it still has a price. Tap it though, and you will see the ‘get’ button appear.

I had bought everything back in the day except for the newest expansion, been meaning to get it for years. I think it was extremely cool of the devs to reduce all dlc prices to $0.00 before retiring the game from sale. I know it’s an old thread but I was pretty sure there’d be a few out there who’d appreciate knowing this or had forgotten about Calculords completely.

Ayjona, PapaT, Gwarmaxx and 1 other person like this.
  19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    You scared me a bit as I wasn't seeing any clear indications they were actually free, but when I then looked at my Purchase History I could confirm they were all 0.00 cents.

Ayjona likes this.