[Visual Novel] Dispersio

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Footprint, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Footprint

Footprint Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    #1 Footprint, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    If the section is wrong: I'm sorry. Please could you move it?

I also wrote in the guestbook but i think that we must say to everyone who we are.
    Footprint is the name of an Indie Italia Team born two month ago.
    We'll focus on Visual Novel, trying to distinguish from the other VN and get to this genre be more appreciate by occidental people.

[​IMG]
    Dispersio will be our first project.

Site
    Footprint

Team:
    Me: programmer, scriptwriter and director
    My brother: character designer, drawer, songwriter.

Plot:
    “You're aunt is dying”
    I love my family when they give me good news.

…

I perfectly remember that day...

An earth tremor.
    No more light...
    Nothing around me...
    Suddenly a blinding light sorround me
    then i realize that it isn't my world...

I don't want to say a lot about the plot because it's really important in a VN.

Other Info:
    Go away! You're useless!...Or not?
    Dispersio won't have gorgeous ladies who scampering everywhere, obviously there will be female character but they'll be normal people.
    Ther will be soundtrack but we won't abuse of it we'll focus on the Sound Effect to help indentification. Anyone have a own soundtrack in the real life so also in Dispersio soundtrack won't be important.
    In Dispersio there won't be a true main character because all the character will be important but obviusly one character will be more important than other but he won't be the hero because in Dispersio ther aren't any world to save, or any lost memory...

Plot
    The plot will be the true main character of the game.
    The first two chapter will be the introduction, they will destroy the peacefulness. After this first chapter the story will be divided in chapters. You must play every chapter different time to cover all the possible way and to understand the plot.
    Dispersio will be set into a hypothetical futuristic cyber-punk world. There won't be any strange alien, or powerful android.

A Visual Nover without choose?
    There will be obviously some chooses that will influence your understanding of the plot but without changing the end.
    In Dispersio will be important HOW you get to the end and not what will happen when you'll finally reach it.

Price&Release:
    Dispersio Chapter 01 will be released on AppStore this month.
    The first chapter will be an introduction to what will happen, from the second one the story will be so so so exciting.
    The game will have only italian language but in a week, or two, you'll have the english version.
    The two version will have the same price 0,79€/0,99$.
    We'll try to keep the same price for all the chapters but if one or two chapter will be so, so, so longer the maximum price will be 1,59€/1,99$.
    We must decide the price for the PC/MAC version.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: the background text is provisional.
    PPS: I know that there's a grammatical error in one screen. Some screen are from an alpha version now there aren't any error.

2. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    omg what is this...a horror game or what? is it even a game ? wow it looks awesome :D

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I like visual novels. Will keep an eye out.

4. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    #4 Footprint, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    Something like an interactive Anime (or an interactive manga if you prefere). This is an horror, sci-fi and a lot of other genre in one game :D
    Maybe in the next chapter we'll implement some minigames ;)

PS:
    The first chapter is almost finished, only 5 or 6 pictures :eek:
    When it will be finished we'll release the promotional video ad then it will be available on the AppStore.
    Italian and English version will be available but we're looking for someone who know japanese, spanish, german and french.

PPS: a lot of info on our site

5. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    wow nice so it will be released soon...i hope the english version comes along with the italian one at the same time..and i think it will be fun cause the app store lacks of manga or anime games..woow can't wait :D:D

6. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    The game is finished.
    Tomorrow we'll register on iPhone Dev Program.
    When Apple give the activation code we'll start with the beta testing.
    The game will be released in English, Italian, Spanish and German (Spanish and German version will be available after the Italian and English version). Each version cost only 0,79€/0,99$ and it's a very good price because the only VN on the App Store (only Japanese language) have an high price (8€/15€)
    The Promotional Video gave us some problem with the animation but we're working on it :D

7. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    We finally reached the beta testing, we was finally happy but it cannot be true...
    We discovered an huge problem with the allocation of the pictures...
    We know that the game must be released in these days so we decided to use Game Salad as provisional platform so I'll check my VN engine than we'll eventually reupload the file on Xcode.
    PS: the game won't change it will have the same gameplay, and the same quality.

8. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
  9. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    #9 Footprint, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    Despite of our old allocation problem. The game is finished. We add some scenes and other stuff.
    The translation will start tomorrow then the game will be available soon as possible.
    EDIT: This first chapter will be a Visual Novel but with the second chapter the game will be a Visual Novel/AdventureGame

10. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    This monday we'll send the game to Apple.
    Random News

11. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    wooow nice can't really wait..auagust seems to be having hot games around :D

12. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    Game (italian version) sent to Apple.
    The english translation start today cause of some extra added to the game. We hope to release the english version as soon as possible.

Today we also start the second (and the real first one) chapter.
    It will be available as soon as possible.

This first chapter will be an important intro to the huge world of Dispersio*.
    The real game will start with the second chapter (as you can read in the news on IndieDB).

This first chapter will be a Visual Novel, with small Graphic Adventure Game component, that will introduce you to Dispersio, the Dispersio Spin-Off and the Comics.

It's a small size game (under 20mb) because we want that also who haven't got a wi-fi connection will be able to play this chapter.

The next chapter will be Graphic Adventure Game with Visual Novel elements and they'll have an higher size so the next chapter will look better then the first one (however this one look really better).

*we have also a PC/MAC game under construction (based on Dispersio world) and it won't be a Graphic Adventure Game and a contract with an Italian publishing house to publish a comics based on Dispersio (initially Dispersio was a comics but we decide to build this game)

13. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Bene così ragazzi!
    Finalmente posso postare un messaggio in italiano!
    Proverò sicuramente la vostra creazione e complimenti per lo stile grafico!

14. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
  15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  16. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
  17. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    News for everyone.
    This first chapter is a prologue with a short game play but with the release of the second chapter we'll release an update that will change the entire first chapter (will add lot of scene and gameplay stuff) we can do this cause of some new stuff that will be introduced in the second chapter.
    We know, is a little bit strange but in this way you'll have a "new" chapter for free (if you already have the first chapter). Start will be update every time that in the story something related with the past appear.
    So the Start chapter will have a lot of update for free and everytime with a lot of new stuff. It must be a surprise for the release of the second, and coming, chapter but maybe is better to say it now.
    We call it start because all in the story start from here but we could't release it with the full story because there will be a lot of spoiler into the game...
    So don't worry if this first release is short. With the second, and coming, chapter you'll have a new chapter for free.

18. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    When the english version will be on the AppStore you'll have also some info (and screens) about the second chapter (Dispersio:Alone) and the first update for the first chapter (Dispersio:Restart)

19. bebo_beta2002

Jan 6, 2010
    hell yeah 4 days to go for english release :D..foot print when will episode two is estimated to be released?

20. Footprint

Jul 16, 2010
    With the next release you'll have 2 chapters one will be the second one and the other will be Dispersio:Restart that will had a lot of stuff to the 1st chapter and will be a free update.
    These two chapters will be available, we hope, in October next to the Lucca Comics&Games date.