Web Based CCG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by unternull, Aug 19, 2009.

1. unternull

unternull New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Anyone here anything about ANY sort of CCG game for the iphone, thats either MTG quality or some sort of online multiplayer? I cant remember where i saw a video clip of some web based CCG that had guns in it and you had to slide to fire or something like that. Is there any web based CCG's formatted for the iphone currently?

2. unternull

unternull New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    nobody?
    nothing coming soon that anyones aware of?

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The only game I know of with cards is Orions, but it has no multiplayer and no online.

4. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Some CCG-type options beginning to emerge..

Okay so there are some CCG like options available or coming for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform.

First off, Orions has been around for the iPhone for a few months now, and was previously a PocketPC hit. It's about as close to a CCG as currently exists and while it's no where close to the scale of a Magic: The Gathering type game, it does frequently satisfy my need for this type of game on my iPhone.
    You can read more about it on the web site.
    Or you can grab a copy from the App Store: HERE.

The web-based CCG called Urban-Rivalz is actively in development for the iPhone. You can learn more about this game at their web site.

Finally, and probably the one I find most exciting is a project from the granddaddy of the entire Trading Card Game industry himself, Richard Garfield. Mr. Garfield is currently working with a firm called Mind Control Software. He's also managed to bring in two of the other architects of Magic: The Gathering in the forms of Skaff Elias and Randy Buehler. They are creating a game called Mind/Twist which will be a multi-player collectible strategy game (you won't necessarily collect cards so much as armies from what I've managed to find out about it so far).

So while the pickin's are slim, there are some options and this new game from Richard Garfield sounds pretty promising to me. :)

Quorlan

5. Lions

Lions Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Designer
    DC
    OMG!?!!?! I didn't know that Garfield was working on an iPhone game.

6. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Yeah, i was amazed at the news myself. Unfortunately there is precious little info about it so far and they are being incredibly tight lipped about where they are in the development process, so I'm guessing it's quite a ways off yet.

Q