Chaos Rings Wiki

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Flaimdude, May 12, 2010.

1. Flaimdude

Flaimdude Member

Dec 25, 2009
    planet earth
    Hey! I thought that since CR is such an amazing game, it deserves it's own wikia. So I made one! :) It can be found here, and as you can see, it desperately needs more editors, especially on the Bestiary. I am going to add characters, places, the full story, etc. by myself eventually if no one else helps me, but that is not ideal. ;) If you love CR, please help!

2. Flaimdude

Flaimdude Member

Dec 25, 2009
    planet earth
    Nobody? :| No comments even? Good idea, bad idea, horrible idea? Ah well, once it's awesome people will notice it.

3. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I dunno, Chaos Rings just isn't a big enough game to warrant a wiki. Popularity-, and depth-wise.

4. Flaimdude

Flaimdude Member

Dec 25, 2009
    planet earth
    Depth wise? Imo, it's a fairly deep game (as far as genes, items, etc. go), and that fact that it's going to be continued gives more weight to that.

And I thought it was pretty popular, it being in the top ten grossing apps for quite a while (and paid, but that was shorter).

5. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Great Idea love it:)

6. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I guess by "depth", I mean that it's all a very linear experience. There's not, like, five thousand different items with varying stats. It's just "chestplate" and "better chestplate." And genes are equally linear; all dog plates will end with the same genes, all insect plates with the same, etc.

And by popularity, I meant that most of the "hardcore" video gamers (the kind that compose ridiculously in-depth wikis) aren't likely to play this game, as it's on the iPhone.

Also, I wasn't aware it was going to be continued. Where was this stated?

7. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Thats what I want to know! I did not know is was going to be continued.

8. Flaimdude

Flaimdude Member

Dec 25, 2009
    planet earth
    #8 Flaimdude, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    True, but having a guide of all of those things would be very handy (imo, I would have wanted one while I was playing through it the first time). And I'm one of those guys who is going to compose a ridiculously in-depth wiki, even though it's on the iPhone for those other, more casual players who want some info. :)

And I inferred that it was going to be continued from the fact that it repeatedly says "To be Continued" towards the end, and it has a subtitle: Daybreak (which can be seen) when you make a new game.

EDIT: Hm, it says Duskfall, not Daybreak. So maybe, maybe not haha.

9. jow80

jow80 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    under some guy's deck
    #9 jow80, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    After you complete the storyline of any pair or charachters in the game, after you enter the 'Original Door' dungeon (which also appears after you complete the couple's story).. <possible spoilers

10. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
  11. Flaimdude

Flaimdude Member

Dec 25, 2009
    planet earth
    I've only had one edit, and that was a humorous page. Please, people! :(

12. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Wait until it gets like 2-3 games in the series then make a wiki. Right now there is no need for one.

13. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    The game doesn't seem to have enough depth for that sort of guide. I really like it though. I finally got the balls to buy it yesterday. And I haven't regretted it thus far.